“To analyses the effectiveness of marketing decisions on business performance; A case study of Marriott Hot
Marriott hotel is the leading globalized brand that provides quality services to customers. It has more than 71 hotels in United Kingdom and more than 400 branches across the world. Employees and customers are very satisfied with the quality services of the company (Burden and Byrd, 2015). In the modern era high competition is the major issue and advantage for most of the organization. In such globalized era it is necessary to use effective marketing strategies that can positively impact on the business performance. Now days social media marketing is considered as most appropriate and cheaper form of marketing. Most of the clients use Face book, Twitter etc. and they read the business advertisement. That attracts them and make them loyal towards the brand. Web marketing supports in increasing sales of the entities and impact on the revenues of the organizations (Goffee and Scase, 2015). Marketing decisions are taken by the management level persons. Correct judgment assists in increasing sales volume of the company.Disserttation, coursework help available at pocket-friendly prices.
Apart from this social media marketing there are many other options for the managers such as TV advertisement, posters and promotional activities etc. These are expensive and can increase economic burden of the entities like Marriott. It is necessary that managers take effective marketing decisions that can help in improving business performance and profitability (Zhang, van Doorn and Leeflang, 2014).
In the modern era competition is too high, though Marriott is having strong brand image but now many small and medium firms are providing cheaper quality hospitality services to the guests. That impacts on the sales volume of the cited firm, that is the main issue (Saeed, Yousafzai and Engelen, 2014). Market rivals, threats of new entrance is very high. In such type of condition it is necessary to make effective marketing decisions which can help in attracting consumers and making them satisfied.
It is the advanced era where most of the business activities are depended upon the technologies (Saeidi and et.al, 2015). Most of the consumers buy products online through internet. In the hospitality industry also guests book their table and room before traveling, so that they do not get any trouble after that. Online advertisement make them confusion that to which hotel they have to select. With the help of social media marketing, trade discounts, attractive offers companies can attract the consumers and can identify their needs. Marketing is the vast topic and there have been many researched conducted before it. So there are sufficient data are available that can help in the research in getting accurate findings (Goetsch and Davis, 2014). But if any other company offers better schemes then people will change their mind and will move to other brand. So it is necessary to use marketing strategies well so that firm can make connection with mass audience and can enhance their sales performances.
Researcher will use the primary sources for collecting the data and individual will ask the questions with managers of Marriott hotel. They know about the consumer preferences and their choice so they can better tell about the marketing decisions. Purpose of present research is o understand the conceptual frame work of social media marketing. It will discuss the interrelationship between marketing strategies and business performances. Impact of marketing decisions on the profitability of the company will be discussed in this study (Taylor, Bogdan and DeVault, 2015).
- Burden, P. R. and Byrd, D. M., 2015. Methods for effective teaching: Meeting the needs of all students. Pearson.
- Goetsch, D. L. and Davis, S. B., 2014. Quality management for organizational excellence. Upper Saddle River, NJ: pearson.
- Goffee, R. and Scase, R., 2015. Corporate Realities (Routledge Revivals): The Dynamics of Large and Small Organisations. Routledge.
- Saeed, S., Yousafzai, S. Y. and Engelen, A., 2014. On cultural and macroeconomic contingencies of the entrepreneurial orientation–performance relationship. Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice. 38(2). pp.255-290.
- Saeidi, S. P. and et.al., 2015. How does corporate social responsibility contribute to firm financial performance? The mediating role of competitive advantage, reputation, and customer satisfaction. Journal of Business Research, 68(2), pp.341-350.
- Taylor, S. J., Bogdan, R. and DeVault, M., 2015. Introduction to qualitative research methods: A guidebook and resource. John Wiley & Sons.
- Zhang, S. S., van Doorn, J. and Leeflang, P. S., 2014. Does the importance of value, brand and relationship equity for customer loyalty differ between Eastern and Western cultures?. International Business Review. 23(1). pp.284-292.