Human Resource Management Goals
18445 Downloads 6 Pages 1558 Words
Introduction To Human Resource Management
Human resource management (HRM) in any organization is known as management of workforce or personnel working within it. This involves managing of various functions of human resources like recruitment, selection and planning. Along with this, functions like training and development of existing and new employees and their performance appraisal all are managed by HRM. The proper execution of personnel within the organization is one of the most important functions that managers have to look after. Employees are assets of any company so proper administration and execution of them is also an important part (Erica, 2006).
HRM And Its Role
Human resource management is defined as that function of management that focuses on proper and ordered administration of personnel working within the organization. It is that function which is dealing into issues of people like that of recruitment, selection and compensation. It also deals with issues like that safety and well being of employees and also leads to their motivation. HRM is that part of management which deals with strategic issues relating to controlling employee and their behavior along with maintaining of work place culture.
The main roles of HRM in Starbucks are mentioned below –
- Recruitment and selection – One of the key functions that organization’s HRM has to perform is that of inviting applications from eligible candidates for the job positions that are available.
- Training and development – Another role that HRM plays in organization is training and development of employees who are newly hired and also of existing ones. Training and development is not only to train employees so as to increase their skills regarding work but also t have their overall development.
- Employee motivation and retention – HRM also plays the role of motivating the employees working within organization and also convince them so that employees retain themselves in the company.
Processes Of Employee Resourcing
Employee resourcing is the process that is concerned with certain number of procedures and approaches that are used by employers in resourcing their organizations is such manner that they are able to meet key objectives of the organization. This involves staffing which include selection and recruitment, retention as well as dismissal. Also, performance and also change management is involved into it. Various processes related to employee resourcing at Starbucks and their contribution to organizational effectiveness is as follows –
- Planning – Employee resourcing calls for business to have clear as well as long and short term goals and then forecast for its human resources according to the needs. In this, Starbucks plan and forecast on personnel that exists within the company and how many it requires in order to reach at both short and long term goals.
- Recruitment and selection – This is also a part of employee resourcing which is aimed at filling of positions vacant in the company. In the context of resourcing of employee recruitment and selection requires that employees are hired considering the current needs of the company as those against future ones (Cartwright, 2005).
- Deployment – This relates to assigning of employees to a given set of tasks that required to be fulfilled by the company and is an important component of employee resourcing. Efficient deployment requires that HR takes an account of personal as well as professional qualities of employees and then after analyzing putting them to their respective tasks (Cornelius, 2001).
- Performance – Employee resourcing takes into account both evaluation and improvement of performance of employees that are working within the organization. Evaluation of an employee is also an important function of HRM which keeps a record of tasks that are performed by individual employee and then assess their performance (Marchington and Wilkinson, 2005).
- Change management – This is also an important part of employee resourcing especially for those companies that are project based. Changes are always required to be taken by a company so that it can adjust to changes taking place in the market.
Computer Information Technology (cit) To Communicate
Information technology in recent has undergone through a lot of developments and through this it is now possible to use information technology as an important source of communication within companies. As Starbucks is a global company and so compete in the competitive global environment it is into adopting of faster and newer means through which it can communicate in various settings. The technologies used by Starbucks in order to ensure effective communication are –
- Emailing – Computer Information Technology(CIT) provide the way through which it can aid in sending e mails to employees within the company. Through internet it has become possible for Starbucks to have a quick and effective communication to workforce working at different locations and at different centres of Starbucks.
- Video conferencing – This is another source which is used by Starbucks in order to ensure effective communication among managers and employees.. In this, computer is attached to a videophone or a web camera is attached with computer and all are connected through internet. This technology allows for audio and video communication simultaneously at the same time.
- Teleconferencing – A teleconferencing or also known as teleseminar is the live exchange and mass supply of information which is being held among several persons and machines. In this, computer is connected online and then several persons can exchange information and views with one another. This allows members of Starbucks to connect with one another and exchange of information can take place (Chen, 2009).
- Cloud computing – Cloud computing is a new concept which takes the entire networking of communication to a whole new level. With this, programs and documents can be stored in drives or computers and it can be accessed through internet and can be accessed by authorized users.
Skills Relevant To Context Of Business And Management
In order to run a business and properly manage it, it is important to have a large number of skills so that administration can be done smoothly. In order to manage a business like that of Starbucks the following skills are required –
- Communication skills and cross cultural competency – In order to have success for companies in the competitive environment of global economy it is important for them to remain connected with various markets. There is a need to be able to manage and operate in whatever environment company has to establish itself (Gannon, Doherty and Roper, 2012).
- Employee management skills – In order to have proper business and management, another skill that is required is to properly manage employees working within organization (Haines and Bandt, 2002).
- Leadership skills – Another skill that is required in business is commanding or leading in itself so that others follow them generously. A true leader is the one who is able to build confidence and install motivation among subordinates and entire workforce.
- Human resource management skills - HRM skills are an important so as to bring business and management in order. These skills are required for company like Starbucks as through this; it will be possible to manage its personnel in the correct manner.
In this report, it can be concluded that there are various skills which are required to manage a business in the correct manner. The skills provide assistance in the companies all over to ensure proper functioning of business.
- 10 Enterprise Networks to Improve Company Communication. 2013. [Online]. Available through: < http://mashable.com/2013/06/14/enterprise-social-networks/ > [Accessed on 16th August 2013].
- Communication in business. 2013. [Online]. Available through: < http://communicationinbusiness.co.uk/ > [Accessed on 14th August 2013].
- Human Resource Management of Starbucks. 2013. [Online]. Available through: < http://www.managementparadise.com/forums/human-resources-management-h-r/214379-human-resource-management-starbucks.html > [Accessed on 14th August 2013].
- Objectives of human resource management. 2006. [Online]. Available through: <http://www.citeman.com/245-objectives-of-human-resource-management.html>. [Accessed on 15th August 2013].
- Scott, S., 2013. Role of HR in Achieving Business Goals. [Online]. Available through: <http://smallbusiness.chron.com/role-hr-achieving-business-goals-1767.html>. [Accessed on 16th August 2013].
Download Full Sample
Please Enter Bellow Detail to Download
Please enter a valid detail address to download a sample you request.
With years of hard work and dedication, Assignment Desk is now ruling the academic writing industry in the UK. The unmatched services that we provide have helped our customers fulfil their dream of scoring sky-high marks and passing their courses with flying colors. We provide help on a variety of academic papers, such as assignments, theses, dissertations, case studies, research papers, coursework, and more. No matter how complex a topic is, we always compose each paper with extreme precision. And the best part is that we charge an amount that are easy on every student’s pocket!
Most Downloaded Samples