Best Tips to Conclude the Assignment the Right Way01 Mar, 2019 7581
What is the most difficult part of writing an assignment? Well, some say the process of researching about the topic, others mention categorizing the content of the assignment while some say proofreading. On the other hand, some students believe that writing a conclusion of an assignment is the most difficult job. Amazed? Well, you read that right!
Finishing an assignment is sometimes more difficult than starting the assignment. Students often struggle in wrapping up the main key points of their assignment which hurts their grades. Since the conclusion of your assignment summarizes your work briefly, it is necessary to write it properly and precisely. Also, your conclusion should clearly justify the title of your assignment. Reading the conclusion, the professor should be able to relate it with the topic.
What Is Expected from an Effective Conclusion?
An effective conclusion should be able to do the following things
- Summarize the important points included in your assignment.
- Evoke a vivid image of your thoughts in the mind of your target audience.
- Make your readers feel connected and glad that they read your content.
Writing a conclusion by keeping these things in mind becomes a tedious job for the students. Are you also facing a similar situation? If yes, then read this blog to master this skill once and for all.
Tips and Tricks for Writing a Conclusion
Remember, the length of the conclusion should be one-tenth of the whole assignment. As mentioned above, the conclusion should summarize the central message of your assignment. So, never include any additional information in your conclusion. Follow the golden rule- “Restate rather than rewrite by keeping it brief and precise.
Voice your opinion in the conclusion on the issues that you have included in your assignment. Synthesize your ideas and demonstrate the importance of your objectives. The reader should relate to your opinions. You can include proverbs or facts to support your opinion.
N- No New Ideas
Implement no new idea in the conclusion. Stick to your original idea and support it. Remember, a conclusion is that section of your assignment where you briefly outline the key features of your assignment. Thus, make sure to never include any idea that has not been included previously in your assignment. Ensure that your conclusion restates the main idea of your assignment.
C- Conclusion Examples for Assignment:
Consider the following conclusion example and it will give you an idea that how a good conclusion should look like
Topic - "Should students take online assignment writing help”?
Conclusion - Reading so far, you must have understood that a students life isnt easy. They have to deal with a lot of academic pressure. The situation becomes worse when professors assign them assignments every now and then. Unable to cope with the academic workload, they fail to complete their assignment on time and hamper their grades. Thus, it becomes necessary that students take online assignment help and get their job done.
If you clearly look at this example, you will see that it contains all the essential elements of an effective conclusion.
Link your conclusion to the title of the assignment. Make sure that you have answered all the questions regarding your document. You can use several quotations from the past to justify the topic of your assignment. This will help the professor to get a sense of conclusion and closure with the topic.
U- Unclear Thoughts
There is no space of unclear thoughts in the conclusion. Never get distracted from your main idea; always stick to it. If you are unclear about any fact or information, never include it in the conclusion. In case, you are providing any statistical information, always check the authenticity of the referred sources.
Here are some of the effective strategies that you can use to write the conclusion for your assignment. Grab a pen and paper!
- General Effective Summary- Don’t just rewrite the main ideas of your assignment (the professor have already read them). Instead, restate the central message behind your assignment. Avoid using phrases like “It is to conclude that” in your conclusion. This can demean the intelligence of the readers as you have already organized the assignment well and they know what they are reading.
- Circle Technique- This technique brings the reader back to the same scenario that you presented in the introduction of your assignment. If you have demonstrated a scenario in the introduction part, then choose to end your assignment with the same scenario. Doing so will help the professor in understanding that your conclusion part relates properly to the entire assignment. For this, you should refer to the introduction section for the keywords and generate a parallel thought accordingly.
So What ? Technique - If you are running out of thoughts or feel like your conclusion isnt capable of summarizing the main idea, then this strategy will prove beneficial to you. Ask so what? question after each line of your conclusion and provide the solution. Let us learn this technique with the help of an example-
We should not cut trees. So what? (ask yourself). Trees provide us oxygen and maintain the ecological balance. So what? (ask yourself). Oxygen is required by humans to live, and the ecological balance maintains the life cycle of the creatures.
I- Ineffective Approaches:
Here are some of the approaches of writing conclusions that students should avoid using in their assignment.
- Sometimes students just restate the introductory line of the assignment without providing the brief summary that pushes the central message of their assignment. Also, they stick to their argument without leaving an impression on the reader’s mind. Always remember that your conclusion should make your target audience think about your assignment and imply in daily life.
- Never leave the audience in mystery. Some students, being dramatic in their writing, keep the audience in mystery before jumping to the final conclusion. This is a false approach. The first line of your conclusion should clearly summarize your complete document.
Don’t use the following things in your conclusion:
- Focusing on minor points included in the body of your assignment.
- Apologizing for your views in the conclusion section with phrases, such as “ I am not an expert to say that” or “ This is purely my recommendations,” etc.
- Using pictorial images. The conclusion should always be written in a formal way.
- Sharing of your personal thoughts unless required.
- Use of lousy words. Keep the language formal.
- Including quotations and proverbs that are already included in the body of your assignment.
N - Next Steps
If you are writing an assignment on a social issue then you should provide some solutions for the future. This will help your readers imply the information that they have just absorbed in their daily life. Also, it will give a broader aspect of the issues that are to be dealt with in the future.
Summing up all, these above-listed tips are sure to help the students who are searching for a solution to their question, "How to write conclusion for the assignment?”
Struggling to Write the Conclusion for Your Assignment? Take Help From Our Experts
Assignment Desk is the leading assignment writing service provider in the U.K. We have a team of proficient researchers and experienced writers. We offer research paper, dissertation, thesis, essay, and assignment help to students. If you do not have appropriate writing skills to write an effective conclusion, then Assignment Desk is ready to help you out. Place your order and get a well-drafted, best quality assignment with an effective conclusion.
Topic Creation£ 11 FREE
Outline£ 14 FREE
Unlimited Revisions£ 31 FREE
Editing/Proofreading£ 42 FREE
Formatting£ 12 FREE
Bibliography£ 11 FREE
Get all these features for