Students will be able to understand the following things on successful completion of the module:
- Evaluate and apply appropriate listening and presenting skills in an academic situation.
- Explain an understanding of appropriate reading skills in an academic context.
- While producing an academic skill work, use appropriate knowledge and understanding of the features of good writing.
- While producing an academic piece of work, choose and apply appropriate vocabulary and grammar.
Assessment Tasks Project Evidence
You are required to complete TWO projects in this module:
Project 1: 10 minutes Presentation
- Analysing particular information
- Understanding of information and vocabulary
- Appropriate interpretation of information
- Overall listening competency
- Accuracy of time keeping and vocabulary
- Accuracy of grammar
- Is presentation/ dis course management well structured? How and what kind of linking words are used.
- Application of visuals – Do they help or create difficulty in presentation?
- Paralinguistic characteristics and voice inflection
Project 2 – Essay
Currently, climate change has been a fascinating multidisciplinary topic which continues to generate debate among scholars and professionals. This argument has remained inconclusive over the years and based on this, briefly analyse the pros and cons of the impacts of climate change on the planet.
Prepare an essay on the topic applying academic writing skills, with use of appropriate vocabulary and grammar in order to reflect on your reading and comprehension skills in the reading activity in class on climate change.
LO 2: Present an understanding of relevant reading skills in an academic context
LO 3: While producing an academic piece of work, use knowledge and understanding of the characteristics of good writing
LO 4: Choose and use appropriate vocabulary and grammar when producing an academic piece of work