LO1: Explain the most appropriate way to implement a chosen strategy.
LO2: Briefly analyse current and future strategies with regard to their likely effectiveness
The assessment will cover learning outcomes 1 & 2 which will cover the factors affecting on strategies, performance metrics and strategic change management in a chosen organisation's strategic planning processes.
Assume you are a hospitality consultant who is undertaking a strategic analysis in Marriott Hotel, the hospitality industry. Hospitality in a network of service interdependent and interrelated organisations. Consider including the following sector:
- Leisure, entertainment venues and recreation
- Hotels, hostels, resorts, camping grounds, bed & breakfast establishments.
- Travel the role of agents, tourism operators, transport or enterprise
- Travel and tourism organisations with tourism association
- Briefly evaluate the factors affecting the successful implementation of strategies on the following four business functions. (LO 4)
− Structural Design
− Information and Control Systems
− Human Resources
- Evaluate and examine the different performance metrics of your chosen organisation and how this may affect the effectiveness of the business strategies? (LO 5)
− Critical Success Factors (CSFs)
− Key Performance Indicators
− The Balance Scorecard
- Briefly analyse the key elements (Diagnosis, change agents, managing change programmes and levers for change) in managing strategic change and leading types (Adaption, Reconstruction, Revolution and Evolution) of strategic change. (LO 5)
Assessment Format Guidance
- Title page
- Contents page
- Key sections
- Summary and Conclusion