1. Plan for Authentic Learning Experience for Prior to School Children
Name of Experience
Description of the experience:
- Fashion show is conducted for increasing knowledge of children on Indigenous people and their culture.
- Educational knowledge is helpful in gathering details and information about the culture.
- Music experience can be used for choosing interesting and easy songs during the fashion show as it will help children to relate it with theme. Along with this, chosen music is required to be soft so that children can enjoy it.
Targeted age of children for enhancing knowledge about indigenous culture
below 5 years of age.
Describe exactly what you will do with this experience
Conduct several activities for children which attract them to involve in it willingly. For instance: Mini Fashion show can be conducted for the children in which they are asked to dress up according to different culture of Indigenous people of Australia. It requires approximately 8 children to participate in the show. This show will also include music so that children can learn about the culture by observing dresses of their friends. It will also help them in identifying variety of cultures with it uniqueness through their learning which is available in their surrounding.
Describe why this experience will help children learn about Indigenous history and culture and why you have chosen these strategies. Link to theories or curriculum framework
Children of this age belongs to very sensitive phase. In this age, they observe every activity of their surrounding in curious manner and tries to repeat it again and again. This results in increasing their knowledge and experience on the same topic or activity. Fashion show is chosen for enhancing knowledge of children as it is an interesting activity that can teach children in playful manner. Children of prior to school age can easily accept this activity as it is performed in new and interesting manner. This will develop their knowledge of about different types of the culture of indigenous people which can further be categorised on the basis of their dressing pattern.
List and describe the resources you will need and any adjustments that would need to be made to the learning environment
- Dresses of 8 different culture of indigenous people being followed in Australia.
- Ornaments matched with dresses.
- Booklet which describes picture of indigenous people which will help children to chose their preferable culture.
- Table set up for fashion show ramp.
How will you introduce the experience to the children
Interesting historical stories can be used in order to develop interest of children in the show. To do this, story can be described in a musical manner so that children can relate language of music with dresses and culture. It will help in maintaining the interest of children throughout the story.
List some of the strategies that describe how you will help the children to learn
- Strength of class will be analysed before starting the activity for the purpose of sharing knowledge of indigenous people with maximum children.
- Interest of students will be developed by sharing positive stories of native people with their culture, dress up, languages etc.
- Inviting students to participate and finalise selected one on the basis interest of children.
How will you conclude the experience with the children
After the end of the fashion show, children's will be able to link culture whenever they will watch it in future. Further learning of the children can be extended by continuing similar activity again and again. This will help them in remembering it for a longer duration.
2. Plan for Authentic Learning Experience for Primary School Age Children