To complete your report, follow this guide. I have put the important concepts and factors which is required to be assess in this report. The bullets may lead the project looks complicated but it is not. It is very simple task. The experience which is going to be gained is invaluable. The data and information that are required in this report can be easily evaluated in past news articles regarding Tesco. It is an advice to you to become avid business news readers to complete this project.
This evaluation will begin with the study of the Tesco's history, description of the activities and industries it operates its operations and manage its production, it determines the business environment and main markets and other aspects of company's business profile.
The very first step is to choose a product or product range. For instance, Procter and Gamble has gazillions of products and the organisation don't hold these much time and resources.
Describe and Discuss the market structure which Tesco faces.
- Description about Tesco, its products and services and history.
- Evaluate the market it is operating ever since it is in existence. Which market do you think Tesco operates I.e.-oligopoly, monopoly? (It can include number of companies in industry, revenue share of Tesco)
- The different market structure it operates in its past? For example, it could have faced monopolistic competition but later the market transformed into an oligopoly or vice versa. Determine the characteristics of its previous market structure. [Hint: Historical market/industry information such as the number of firms in the industry over time, data on revenue by companies]
- Discuss the nature of industry it operates its operations.
- Whether operating in different market structure are optimum for organisation. Explain?
- What you suggest greater or lesser government intervention is good for society or not.
Make use of different graphs and tables and trends from the past five years. Present data on sales, cost, margin, employee numbers, market share that can be utilised. These can be computed and analysed through annual reports of the companies.