Marketing essentials is a process for communicating, creating, delivering and exchanging offering that have value for customers, partners, clients and society at large. On the other hand, marketing is the management process for anticipating, identifying and satisfying customers’ requirements profitably. In Apple Inc., marketing is essentially used in different forms (Pike, 2015). Apple Inc. attracts their customers by offering the latest technological devices like Iphones, Ipad, Laptops etc. Apple Inc. does marketing in different platforms. They are selling their products to suppliers and they do marketing of those devices. In this report, it will elucidate the roles and responsibilities of Apple Inc., marketing assistance and how they compare to different organisation. In this, it also includes the marketing plans of Apple Inc.
P1 Roles and responsibilities of the marketing function:
Marketing functions- In this identifying the successful products for the marketplace and promote those products by different techniques marketing functions mainly include the marketing plans, products developments, market research, promotion, distribution for sale or customers service.
Responsibilities of marketing functions- Marketing department has responsibility for growing revenue, increasing market share and contributing to company growth and profitability. They are also responsible for present the products according to customer’s reactions (Malhotra, 2015). Marketing functions help to understand the need of customers and also benefit to increase sales of company.
Responsibilities towards enterprises- The marketing department is very responsible authority to achieve the pre-determine goals of an enterprise. They responsible to increase the growth of company and plane to organise, co-ordinate and control all the marketing activities.
- The marketing assistant is responsible for market research and deciding plus also controlling the quantity and quality of production.
- They also responsible for planning the cost of the product and price fixation.
- As marketing assistant, they give advertisements and sales promotion for goods and services.
- They also control the credit policy of the firm and the cost of marketing activities.
- Marketing assistance arranges the after sales service and removes the problems of consumers (Larson and Draper, 2015).
Responsibilities towards employees- In marketing department employees has the responsibilities to provide them proper training. Other responsibilities of marketing department as marketing assistant are-
- As a marketing assistant they understand their employee’s performance and give solutions of employees.
- They present the co-ordinates activities different employees.
- Marketing department motivate their employees to development of the firm.
Responsibilities towards society- A marketing function son society defines the promotional activities which defines the marketing methods.
- Marketing function include the advertisements, promotional ads for society.
- They also ensure the marketing products which benefit for society peoples.
- Marketing functions increase the employment opportunities.
- They protect society against the effects of economic slumps (Hair Jr and et.al., 2015).
Responsibilities towards customers- Marketing functions mainly involve the customer’s responsibility.
- Marketing assistant study of customers’ needs and supply goods and services.
- They ensure the regular supply of good and services.
- They also examine the customers’ requirements and fulfil their demands.
Roles of marketing functions- Marketing functions roles to maintained the all the process of marketplace and programs of marketing department. Marketing functions of roles in business to increase the company target market and show the rates of market.
- Marketing plan- In Marketing functions, marketing assistant creates the marketing plan to determine the marketing activities, their sales, promotions and distribution of products etc. they should be carried out to achieve marketing goals (Stern and Porr, 2017).
- Launch product- The main role of marketing function department to launch new product and to attract new customers and retain old customers, marketing assistant study for demands of customers into the market.
- Identifying potential markets- Marketing functions department increase and create the demands of goods and services production by company. They also identified the potential markets and also maintain the relationship among the existing markets for their enterprise and its products.
Business-to-consumers- It refers business selling their products or services to consumers. This could refer to individuals shopping for clothes for themselves at the mall, eating dinner in a restaurant or subscribing to pay-per-view TV at home. B2C mainly refers the online selling products to customers and earn profit. This model mainly determines that many people are familiar to purchase an item online for own uses. Mainly, those products are available on company website. It is a concept of selling company’s products to consumers with different kinds of price. Apple Inc. mainly uses Business-to-consumers model; company directly selling their products to another companies.
Business-to-business- This concept mainly refers the organisations selling their products and services to other companies. It defines the products they offer to other organisations as supportive need to succeed or get a leg up on the competitions. In the contrast, the business-to- business model offer the raw material, parts or services companies need to boost profiles, from manufacturing companies to retail environments. Example of business-to-business model is auto mobile manufacturing. The business to business model mainly defines the products and service mainly provides their companies to another companies.
P2 Roles and responsibilities of marketing relate to the wider organisational context of Apple Inc.
In Apple Inc. marketing department responsible for each products promotions and marketing they have following responsibilities-
- Market Research- Market research is key responsibilities for the marketing department. Research helps to identify the market opportunities and latest trend in market it helps to introduce the company’s weakness and strength. In Apple Inc., market assistance makes research on products what they try to present in the market and they try to understand the needs of customers (Babin and Zikmund, 2015).
- Products development- Marketing department works with the external and internal developments team to develop new technologies products. In Apple Inc. they always develop those products which look unique to other organisations. They responsible for develop those products which is advanced on technologies and provide advanced feature to consumers.
- Communications- Marketing assistance is always responsible for communicate with customers. In addition, it ensures the customers’ requirements and their needs. Apple Inc. Assistant makes sure that products they provide that is based on customers need or not. Depending on their available budgets, they may plan advertisements, develop e-mail marketing programs, create promotional content for the organisation's website. For communication to customer, they directly talk on company website (Brady, 2014).
- Sales support- Apple Inc. assistant improve the sales performance and growth of business, they responsibilities to work on team and also prepares presentations for the sales team. Teams with high-quality leads by running advertisements that include such as telephone number, or company website to register their details.
Roles of marketing functions- Marketing department ability to maintain the customer requirements and supplies good and services. Marketing assistant roles to manage all the marketing processes. Following roles are-
- Innovate- Apple Inc. always suppressed their customers and to present various advanced features products. Marketing department work on new techniques, customer’s retention and improvements. Apple Inc. always makes to ensure that product previously they present is customers likely or not and they present more effective product next time.
- Improves sales- Apple Inc. introduced with many techniques which improved their sales increasingly. They try new technology's product and innovating them. Apple Inc. direct interacts with customers to examine the lack of products and other information about the products (Joel, 2017). They present advanced features and unique products timely. Marketing department knows the feeling of customers they know what products customers can try or what is not.
- Define strategic plans- Main role of Apple Inc. is to define strategic plans for marketing and they plan for involving new features in their products and present the products and service according to customer’s satisfaction. Apple Inc. strategies are planned for the long term. These strategic plan of the company and with other departments plans. They may set the objectives for the company.
- Manage marketing budgets- The crucial role of marketing assistant is to manage the marketing budget of company. These define the company profile. Apple Inc. timely defines the company budgets.
SOSTAC Model- Company mainly determines this model, SOSTAC system covers the structure and comprehensive plan. It defines step by step process plan.
- In this, S refers the situation analysis.
- O refers the Objectives.
- S stands for Strategy.
- T refers to Tactics.
- A determines to Action.
- C defines for Control.
- Roles and responsibilities of marketing in the context of marketing environment using Apple Inc.:
Marketing environments refers the force and factors affects to maintained a successful relationship. It includes the internal and external factors that surrounded the business and influences its marketing operations. Internal factors are customers, retailers, shareholders or distributors etc. and the external factors such as social, legal, political, technological, economic etc (Potter and et.al., 2018). Roles and responsibilities of those factors contact of Apple Inc. It defines the responsibilities on specific person or organisation like suppliers, employees, retailers. Or roles is determines the Apple Inc. planing, organising and process for those external factors. Apple Inc. always pointed their externals factors. This is because those factors mainly force on various organisations.
- Significance of interrelationships between marketing and other functional units within Apple Inc.:
The interrelationship between marketing and other functions has been increasing and receiving attention of the discipline, these relations determine the quality movements of organisation. In Apple Inc., it examines all the impacts of quality movements, services, expansion and evolution of marketing. On the other hand, Apple defines the relations and maintained their profit to their services. Marketing functions mainly faced the challenge of the market place, sometimes marketing department avoid the customers need and their demands that problems they faced in the market. Customers avoid their products and go with competitors’ products. The relationship between marketing and other functions tell the ordinates of marketing between organisations and sales departments.
P3 Compare Apple Inc. and Samsung apply the marketing mix to the marketing planning process to achieve business objectives: