Business analytics includes technologies abilities, usual procedures and technical skills for regular constant analysis and observation of subsequent performance of business tin order to establish monitoring system and planning framework. It emphasises towards developing an observation process and analysing performance of business by using various statistical and scientific methods. For business analytics, data management is vital aspect for a business organisation and ensuring proper management of data assist organisation to conduct business analytics effectively. This report describes various major aspects of data analytics such as definition of data management, background, required skills for data management and business skills, Statistics techniques and decision tree
1. Data management:
Data management refers to administrative process that includes obtaining, approving, classifying, safeguarding and transforming significant data in order to provide proper access of data, reliable data and timely data to users. For establishing proper control and providing a framework for decision making, entities or organisations are using data at a large scale. In order to understand large amount of data or complex data that organisations are collecting from different sources companies are moving towards platforms related to data management solutions . Data management solutions assists in classifying, safeguarding and transforming vital data.
2. Background to data storage and security in Google:
For ensuring proper storage and security Google has secure data storage system. Google has huge data storage centers all over the world. These data center stores all data uploaded by users on google and data or information provided by company through its search engine. In order to protect data of millions user company has both physical and technical security. Secure data storage is necessary for business organizations which are mainly concerned with sensitive data to avoid data loss and for uninterrupted activities and operations in entity. Following are the major way through which Google secures data and information of its user, as follows:
- Data Encryption: Data stored in data centres by google is encrypted. In case of hacking of data it is very difficult to decode encrypted data. Company is using latest encryption methods to encrypt data and a process is introduced by company that each and every terminal through which data is transferred or received, would be secured by multiple encryption in order to prevent intruders.
- Access control mechanism at each data storage device/software: Company has strong access control mechanism in order to secure data or information. Each access point is secured in a way that no one can access data without proper authentication and authorisation levels are increased to enhance the data security. These authorisation levels are decided by owners or founders of company and also an contract of data security signed by these authorised persons.
- Protection against viruses, worms and other data corruption threats: Some times data can be affected by viruses, worms and other technical threats. In Google data is stored in data centers after scanning and any identified threats or viruses are removed by troubleshooting programs and antivirus programs.
- Physical storage device and infrastructure security: Company has high level of physical security at data centers in order to safeguarding of devices and infrastructure. Physical security has same importance as non physical security. Role of responsible person is decided in order to ensure proper security and in case of any damage such person would be responsible for acts.
- Enforcement and implementation of layered/tiered storage security architecture: Security at data centers are divided in different layers to define and ensure responsibility of concerned personnels. Google has divided security in different layers which acts as internal check for security and back plan. Main purpose of dividing security into levels is that in case of any failure in one level of security and alternate plan or layer can support other layer.
- Carry out a data risk assessment: Google conducts regular risk assessments for identification of any probable hazards to organisation’s data. Under risk assessment procedure company analyse all possible risk identified such find reason for any sudden power cut.
Google have a wide impact of data management on its business operations as well as on other activities. Followings are the some impacts of data management with viewpoint of data security and storage as follows:
Helps in build reputation: A high data security and data storage brings a upliftment in the reputation of a google, because consumers attracted more towards the organization due to high data security and storage. They have no fear to loose their data in any contingency situation.
Helps in maintaining records: A well managed data provides a great help in maintaining proper records of the organization. A secure and stored data can be used any time when it is required.
Organization have required to do something as follows for meeting requirements of Google's data management:
Updating in google cloud: Google have to do the proper and time to time update in the existing version of google cloud. Which provide the safe and secure updated version to consumer and enhance their trust regarding google products and services.
Data protection expertise: Google have to hire the data security and protection experts whop have deep knowledge of data management. Google employs security and privacy professionals that include some of the world’s foremost experts in information, application, and network security. This expert team is tasked with maintaining the company’s defence systems, developing security review processes, building stronger security infrastructure, and precisely implementing Google’s security policies. Google also employs an extensive team of lawyers, regulatory compliance experts, and public policy specialists who look after privacy and security compliance for Google Cloud. These teams work with customers, industry stakeholders, and supervisory authorities to ensure our G Suite and Google Cloud Platform services can help customers meet their compliance needs.