Questions- This assessment will cover the following questions:
- Hilton Hotel and Resorts is a global brand of hotel and resort which provide luxuries facilities to the clients. Examine the concept of service provision and quality management for the continuous improvement
- What are the strategy that are adopted by Hilton Hotel and Resorts to change consumer preference?
- Assess how changing consumer preferences impacts guest service management in the Hilton Hotel and Resorts.
Hospitality and guest service management play a crucial role for rendering services to their guest. Every hotel had to maintain the guest service management in hotel so that they can render high quality services to their guest.
Hilton Hotel and Resorts is the global brand that is full of services which operates its business under the flagship of American Multinational Hospitality Company Hilton. It was established by Conrad Hilton. The above report includes guest service and its components and its application on the Hilton Hotel & Resorts. The report carried forward with identification of its service provision and quality management. Evaluation of adaption of hotel for changing consumer preference. Report ends with outlining changing customer preference which affects the guest service management of the hotel.
Guest Services and its components-
Guest service at the hotel are amenities and services and help that is provided to the guest by them. The guest service includes free morning juices and newspaper delivery in their rooms. Providing the local show tickets to guest at guest service desk in lobby area. Guest service conclude room service, concierge and laundry. Top five components of guest service in hotel are as follows-
- Overall Consumer experience- Guest have main purpose to contact the consumer service center for resolving issues which are faced by them. It can be from rooms service to the other hotel services its very essential for hotel to let their consumer to receive experience which renders trust and feelings that the hotel really cares about them overall.
- Top-tier Knowledge- When any consumer calls at customer they want to interact with the person who have full knowledge about the hotel and its services (Ariffin and et.al., 2018). So further they want that their needs are to be understand by the hotel department and must be fulfilled by them.
- Friendliness- It is very essential component of guest service. The guest service department of the hotel must maintain a calm and friendly attitude to their consumer no matter in what tone consumer is speaking. It can be accomplished by positive language. The customer service can use some attractive phrases that are Happy to help or the great to help you.
- Promptness- Nowadays each and every individual needs the fast and speedy guest services. The guest at hotel needs services on time so that they can experience amazing guest service. Along with the timely service, quality services also must be given to the guest so that this can have positive image among the customer.
- Overall Customer Experience- Hotel Hilton render contemporary and authentic experience to their guest globally. The guest rooms of hotel are featured as smart, functional design along with thoughtful amenities. They also had Request Upon Arrival scheme for their guest in which they ensure room would be unique for the guest specification from moment they check in hotel (Chen and Chen, 2017). They provide healthy and delicious breakfast to the guest rooms, along with that they also have accessible option which satisfy guest carvings.
- Top-tier Knowledge- The Guest service at hotel are well trained and full of knowledge. They also had the technology solution so that any information required by the guest can e quickly answered through that. They ensure to gave an overall information to their guest in detail so that they don't have any issue with the guest service at their hotel. They also provide time to time training to their guest service department so that they can satisfy their guest and is also helpful for guest to have trust on hotel.
- Friendliness- The guest service team members of hotel Hilton always ready to render friendly and personalized services to their guest. They are happy to provide wide range of services to their guest which meet their needs and requirements. They also have on-site fitness center and spas so that routine of guest can be maintain and could be relaxed with the spa. From booking to the checkout they are always there to make their guests stay enjoyable and amazing as possible.
- Promptness- Hotel Hilton guest service always provide quick service to their guests. They always quickly respond to the guest issues and requirement so that they can render amazing experience of their service to them. Quality services to their guest is the main aim of the hotel along with quick service. They had very attentive and quick staff and each department had several employees for guest service so that they could speedily respond to the guest (Sipe and Testa, 2018).
Relating with Hotel Hilton-
Identifying its service provision and quality management-
Hilton Hotel and Resort is one of the best quality service provider across the world. They are offering services in the hospitality industry from last 95 year. Hotel had earned various wards and certificate for its environmental and quality management. In 2011, they had received certificate of the ISO 9001:2008. ISO 9001 for following invaluable quality management system in their hotel. It has been given to them as they had implemented quality management system in all area of their hotel that include people, facilities, training, equipment and services. They render effective services to their guest and consumers. The service provision of business are as follows-
Also Read:- The Effectiveness of Business Strategies
- Effective Customer Services- The consumer service of Hilton Hotel is very efficient and adequate for meeting market demand. It is helpful for them in creating effective impact on level of the customer satisfaction that make hotel and effective place to revisit for their guest.
- Competitive Brandscape- The Hilton Hotel has created a huge brand image across the world. So all range of customers are attracted towards the hotel. The guest services and products rendered by hotel are ascertained by their quality and effective so that they can meet needs and demand of the guest easily (Susskind, Kacmar and Borchgrevink, 2018). The size, tradition and segment diversification has made the hotel so dominant in the hospitality industry.
- Competitive workforce- The employees of Hilton Hotel has developed it as an effective place to work in competitive world. By this they can create huge impact on their guest. They had friendly and positive work culture in their hotel and had also defined formal and competitive code of conduct for meeting the needs of guest.
- Quality food and services- Quality food and service had complied to every needs and demands of the consumer in this industry. Hilton Hotel provides high level service to their guest that are quality ascertained which makes hotel competitive with other hotels.
Along with all this continuous assessment and inspection of hotel's overall operation for adopting required management techniques and tools. By this they can have continuous improvement in their operational activities. External auditors are appointed by the Hilton Hotel for overall inspection of the hotel and services which are rendered by them to their guest. And further quality procedure and manual are framed by them. After the inspection by external auditor they again make inspection by auditors of ISO 9001 who had UKAS accreditation. This entire procedure make company for recognizing as ISO 9001 certified hospitality company. Hilton Hotel uses the Total Quality Management tool for the quality management at their hotel. The TQM approach is adopted for establishing competitive advantages in hospitality industry by continuous improvements in the quality of services, product, processes, people and environment. TQM could be effectively achieved by Hotel with the help of ISO 9000 accreditation (Solnet and et.al., 2019). Further, with the help of this Hotel can easily comply with several issues which are related with safety and food hygiene, accessibility, security, emergency preparedness and crisis management etc., Quality planning is done by hotel so that they can develop standard service for them and manage resource so that the needs of guest can be fulfilled. By this they can create positive and effective effect for delivering values and managing services for customers. So that they can meet gap of customer expectation and the service planning. Customer Satisfaction survey is also done by them so that they can fill the gap among customer and services which are rendered by Hilton Hotel. So the quality management among the Hotel can be enhanced and thus they can gain huge consumer satisfaction.
Evaluation how the hotel adopts to changing consumer preference-
The Hotel adapts changes in consumer preference in many ways. They evaluate and access current trend of guests in hospitality industry and updating their services according to that so that they can satisfy consumer with their particular needs and demands. Nowadays customer are more technologized and needs all service at their hand quickly with one step (Ehlert, 2016). Hilton Hotel had their researching team for the changing consumer trends and preference so that they can update and induce changes in their hotel service and operation activities. This will be helpful for them in rendering quality services to their guest and satisfying with the current consumer trend. They had their main emphasis on providing services as per the consumer specification if it is mentioned by them so that the guest can have services and room when they check in at hotel to till they check out. They had continuous improvement in their guest services and operation and enhance technological inundation in their hotel and its rooms so that guest can have amazing experience with hotel to revisit again enjoy the pleasure at hotel. They track their guests like and dislikes, their past requests while they lastly stayed at hotel (Knezevic and et.al., 2017). The latest trend in hospitality industry are assumed by Hilton Hotel and implement changes according to that in their hotel so that they can meet the needs and demands of their customer render them quality and specialized service to them. So that they can attract wide range of consumer to the hotel.
Outlining how changing customer preference impacts guest service management-
The changing consumer preference effects guest service management in many ways. As consumer preference can change in time to time and thus hotels had to update their guest service according to that. If hotel does not update and improve their hotel services and its management than they couldn't satisfy their consumer and thus they can lose number of visitors to the hotel. The guest service management had also to implement changes in their services according to the consumer preference when it is needed as per the requirement of guest when they enjoy services rendered by the guest service department. The Hilton always aims to render specialized service to their guest they implement changes in their services if it is required and asked by their guest. They keep on emphasizing the needs and demands of their guest in Hotel it allows them to have an amazing experience with their guest (Stringam and Gerdes, 2017). The guest service management of the Hilton Hotel is well coordinated and they aim to manage the services as required with quality service. They never compromises in quality of their service to their guest. There is inundation in the guest service management as the customer preference changes time to time and hotel must be updated with the services that they provide to their guest in hotel.
From the above study it has been concluded that hospitality and guest service management plays a major role in the growth and development of the Hotel. If the hotel pays a attention to their guest service management they can render high quality services to their guest and render them with amazing experience with hotel. Satisfied consumer are always motivated to revisit the hotel and convenience other also to visit the hotel once. The hotel must render services that satisfy their customers. Every hotel under the hospitality industry has different guest service management which represents the brand reputation among the consumer and number of guest who visit hotel. For attracting wide range of customers to the hotel it needed the high quality service management.
To get more details about online assignment help connect with us