Research Proposal For Personal Or Professional Change
Change can be experienced in every sphere of life, be it personal or professional. With time everything changes and thus it is very necessary for the leaders of the organizations to manage change effectively. The proposed study will try to explore the impact of principals in managing change in two schools
Title Of The Research
A case study to explore the impact of principals in managing change in two schools in Dubai
Since 2003 UAE has been changed and a new system for both school leaders and teachers has been created. Change is inevitable in any society. School reforms are posing challenges to both leaders and teachers. Readiness for change is crucial point in the process of change in schools. This work will majorly focus on two of the most popular schools of Dubai, namely, Kings Dubai and GEMS Wellington International School.
The problem can be divided into a number of sub-problems, namely:
- What are the strategies that can be used to empower teachers which will encourage them to understand, evaluate and support change?
- What are the effects of change in management style to educational leaders and teachers?
- How effectively is the school leader managing change in the opinion of teachers?
AIM & Objectives
- To explore the impact of principals in managing change in two schools in Dubai
- To analyze the strategies that can be used to empower teachers which will encourage them to understand, evaluate and support change.
- To identify the effects of change in management style to educational leaders and teachers
- To determine the effectiveness of school leaders in managing change in the views of teachers
- An appropriate research design is critical to the effectiveness of any research.
- The study will be qualitative and exploratory (Flick, 2009). Qualitative research is a form at social inquiry that focuses on the way people interpret their experiences (social reality of individuals).
- In this research, qualitative approach is deemed most suitable, as it provides school leaders and teachers an opportunity to define their own perceptions and problems.
- This will not only facilitate to cross-check the obtained results but also to ensure reliability and validity of the instruments and findings. The observation method is the most effective tool in initiating the ethnographic research. It provides the scope of gaining an insight into the reality by focussing on the person in the natural setting.
The success of any work depends on the activities performed before, during and after the research work. It is essential for the researcher to practice ethical actions related to political, legal, ethical, social issues. Before starting the work, prior consent will be taken from the principals and teachers of both the schools. Writing a research paper is not an easy task but we cannot cut any corners while doing it otherwise we'd have a suboptimal paper at our hands when the submission time comes.
- Flick, U. 2009. An Introduction to Qualitative Research. 4th ed. SAGE.
- Fullan, M. 2002. Principals as Leaders in a Culture of Change.
- Hjorland, B. 2005. Empiricism, rationalism and positivism in library and information science. Journal of Documentation.
- Jonas, W. 2007. Research through DESIGN through research: A cybernetic model of designing design foundations. Kybernetes.
- Kimmel, A. J. 2009. Ethical Issues in Behavioral Research: Basic and Applied Perspectives. 2nd ed. John Wiley & Sons.
- Mulford, B. 2003. School Leaders: Changing Roles And Impact On Teacher And School Effectiveness.
You May Like these Samples Also-