Research study is the subjective theme that helps people and readers to read the work done regarding the topic in previous time (Sen, 2010). It is very much essential for the researcher to use several tools, methods and techniques so as to get towards the desired and expected outcomes. The present research proposal has been made for the purpose the comprehending the need of marketing concepts in Tesco. The research will be emphasizing on deep analysis of effectiveness of marketing practices of Tesco for acquiring high customer satisfaction (Sreedharan, 2007). The research has been made in a proposal format in which some tools and techniques will be used so that to find out the suitability and feasibility of research methods. Marketing is the concept that needs to be carried out in effective manner as this is the basis which reflects the life cycle of business. It has been observed that Tesco is operating its business in effective manner with range of strategies only for the sole motive of deriving high customer satisfaction (Scrugg
Background of the organization
It is the very much essential for Tesco to undertake all marketing practices in effective manner as that will also only aid the company to acquire greater market share as well as customer satisfaction. The main motive of Tesco is to render quality services so as to enlarge market share and also to maximize the reach towards potential as well as large pool of customers. It is the customer satisfaction part of the company that led the firm to grow in competitive market and also to differentiate the business from competitors. The company has been operating business in retail market of UK from past many years (Saunders and et.al. 2007). It is the competent marketing strategies of Tesco that facilitates in deriving long term sustainability.
Research aims and objectives:
- To ascertain ratio of customer switch over
- To recommend some strategies for acquiring huge customer satisfaction
- To understand the factors affecting customer satisfaction at Tesco
- To assess the level of competition for Tesco in UK
- To comprehend the impact of customer satisfaction in company’s performance
- What factors leads to changes in customer preferences?
- What factors affects customer loyalty of Tesco? (Roy and Banerjee, 2012)
- What strategies Tesco has adopted for acquiring grater market share?
- What factors really differentiate Tesco’s services from its major competitors?
- What role customer satisfaction plays in company’s success and growth?
Customer satisfaction is the major element that aids in getting number of advantages to the organization. Tesco has been maintaining the interest of customers by providing them range of benefits. The company has been involved in arrangement of several training and development sessions in which the employees are guided to serve best services to the customers (Randall, 2000). It has been seen in many cases that customers are the key elements of success as well as growth and for them proper management is essential. The performance of Tesco gets affected by the ratio of customer switch over.
In order to get towards the desired and expected objectives, it is essential for the researcher to undertake distinct techniques of data collection. The study cannot be completed without having any resources and in the same manner data needs to be collected for grabbing information. The techniques of data collection can be classified into two types such as primary and secondary (Primary and secondary sources, 2012). The present research will be using both primary as well as secondary sources as this will help the researcher to collect range of information from varied alternatives. To acquire fresh hand data, primary research will be undertaken in which the researcher will select some customers as well as employees of Tesco and they further will be asked about the level of customer satisfaction in the business. Amid secondary sources, books, articles and newspapers will be reviewed so that to find out the information and this aids in acquiring information about the study done in past experiences. Secondary sources will be used as this highly helps in acquiring authentic as well as relevant data for study purposes (Sapsford and Jupp, 2006). With the assignment help of such techniques, researcher will be able to collect quick and instant response from the participants.
Report the statistical tests using in gathering the data
The present study will be using several statistical tools so that to get towards the expected outcomes and some of the techniques are correlation and regression (Papista and Dimitriadis, 2012). With the help of MS Excel- pie charts and data tables will be prepared as that will also help in getting out accurate data. These tests are required to carry out as that will maximize the suitability as well as feasibility factor amid the subjective matter.
Report the number of observation
In order to use statistical techniques, it is essential to undertake sampling. For the present report, sample size will be 30 in case of employees which have been selected from quota sampling (Olsen, 2011). Whereas, sample size of outsiders will be 20, which have been selected from random sampling. Sampling is required so that to conduct study in particular region with defined sample size. With the help of sampling techniques, appropriate responses can be segregated as per the usage.
- Olsen, W., 2011. Data Collection: Key Debates and Methods in Social Research. SAGE.
- Papista, R. and Dimitriadis, S., 2012. Exploring consumer-brand relationship quality and identification: Qualitative evidence from cosmetics brands. Qualitative Market Research: An International Journal. 15(1).
- Primary and secondary sources. 2012.
- Randall, G., 2000. Branding: A Practical Guide to Planning Your Strategy. 2nd ed. Kogan Page.
- Roy, D. and Banerjee, S., 2012. Strategic branding roadmap for SMEs operating in business-to-business sector: A study on Indian auto component sector. Journal of Research in Marketing and Entrepreneurship. 14(2).