Topic- Communication and Negotiation Skills
You are required to provide a detailed introduction for each question and also write something with respect to the background of the case.
Case 1 - Team Negotiation
Adel works as a manufacturer of air plane in Midwest. For redefining the terms of contract with US military, he is required to travel to Washington. Because of the changes in the complex engineering, there were certain obstacles with respect to cost. Two weeks are with him for the preparation of the meeting. His staff is homogeneous group. Two seniors above him does not agree on everything.
- What factors will be taking into consideration by Adel for deciding that whether he should utilise his team or not for the negotiations
- If any additional information required prior to making of the final decision about taking a team to Washington
- How Adel will decide that which team member he should take along for the negotiation
Case 2 – The Skill of Negotiation
Assume that you are the owner of business and the foundation of the production is the past year years experiences. You are only left with 100000 unsold units. The price of the product set by you is $5. you have considered all aspects for removing the excess product. You are left with no storage capacity while the production is still continuing. Early morning, a big retail organisation contacts you to make them supply your product for filling up their supply. The price they demand is $3 per unit.
- In what way you can inspect that negotiation will be correct or not. What factors will you take into consideration and the rule you apply
- Which factors will impact negotiation options and outcomes?
- What accidental factors will influence the performance of negotiation
Case 3 – The Approach of Negotiation
Eighty-eight subsidiaries are owned by the American Dream Holdings with 100% control. These subsidiaries operate in virtually every state of US and some of them operate in limited states only. EFC corporations is one of the biggest subsidiary of ADHL. It has two owners; one Mr Major owns 80% and another Mr Minor owns 20%. It offers legal, administrative and financial services that also includes payroll and human resource management. ADHL further collects a monthly charge for the service offerings. This is basically charged on hourly basis. If the work goes beyond the estimation than additional fees collected. Employees of the actively participates in yearend bonus plan which is based on the group net profit attainment organisational structure. Operating officer of ADHL hired by the 80% owner as the corporation senior vice president names Mr Iwona and chief operating officer was hired by 20% owner almost two months after Mr Iwona was hired. EFC corporation was 3 months late in paying fees to ADHL.
- Using an appropriate approach, analyse the system and their subsystems and the relationship among them and interdependencies measured by you. Draw sociogram if you wish to do so
- Using an appropriate approach, inspect the difficulties faced by explaining each one in brief in case. Also analyse whether each system structure is competitive or not or it is avoidant or collaborative and also demonstrate your strategies
Case 1 – Communicating Effectively in Negotiations
taking an example of the one of the case where Ms Lee is working as senior project manager and is handled with the responsibility for the designing of the training program for the largest client of the firm. Jack in the case is the vice president of the training. It has been believed by Ms lee that her credential is more impressive and appropriate in comparison to jack. Jack has built up its reputation in terms of being harsh at the work place where people enjoyed working. Ms Lee make an attempt to have communication with jack that client had requested little changes in the original contract. There was the good news for Ms Lee that client is ready to pay double fees.
- Where the Jack break rules for the effective speaking and listening? What steps can be taken as the recommendation and why
- How Ms Lee handled the difficult situation? What other options are available in context to good practices
- If Jack does not like professionals that are females, then as per this what detail you get as a part of communication problems among him and Ms Lee? Give some suggestions to jack.
Case 2 – Business Relationship Scenario
A project named Wichita Kansas was initiated by one party in Washington, D.C. The requirements of the project are 15-20 employees and on an average three weeks in residence here. It will take around 9 months for project completion. An apartment is located near the project side of one party. Organisation wishes to have people in apartment complex rather than in hotels
- In what way you can analyse the point of interest and goals for each party
- What is common ground among the parties
- which strategy can be used as the organisation representative
Case 3 – The Styles of Negotiation
In capitalizing the start-up companies, Ventura capital is a financier and have specialization. One of the upcoming entrepreneur is the Andy Pruner. He needs funds to initiate the business. A negotiation is going on for the potential agreement between Andy and Ventura. There is only one problem existing that needs to be resolved. Ventura desire to make an investment in the company and get a preferred dividend of 5% even though money is not required by Andy.
- Which four important characteristics were displayed by another person. Analyse specific behaviour and comments to support the answer
- Which four personalities is demonstrated by your comments and behaviour
Do you agree on other individual assessment? If not, what reason you think might be for the difference in behaviour.