- 500+ Experts Online to help you 24x7
- Guaranteed Grade or Get Money Back!
- Rated 4.8/5 Out of 5087 Reviews
The use of atypical employment contracts (zero hours, part time, term time working etc.) has grown in recent years. Discuss, using examples from the company that you have chosen, the benefits and disadvantages of these types of contracts for both employers and employees.
BIBLIOGRAPHY: - PLEASE USE REFERENCE FROM BELOW SOURCE
- TAYLOR, S. (2010) Resourcing and talent management. 5th ed. London: Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development.
- MARCHINGTON, M. and WILKINSON, A. (2012) Human resource management at work. 5th ed. London: Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development
- TAYLOR, S. and WOODHAMS, C. (2012) Managing People and Organisations. London: Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development.
- ALLEN, D and BRYANT P (2012): Managing employee turnover: myths to dispel and strategies for effective management. New York, Business Expert Press.
- BARBER, A. (1998) Recruiting employees: individual and organizational perspectives. London: Sage.
- COOK, M. (2009) Personnel selection: adding value through people. 5th ed. Chichester: Wiley.
- PILBEAM, S. and CORBRIDGE, M. (2010) People resourcing and talent planning: HRM in practice. 4th ed. Harlow: Financial Times/Prentice Hall.
- TAYLOR, I. (2008) Assessment and selection handbook. London: Kogan Page.
- Human Resource Management Journal Available at: www.cipd.co.uk/journals
- IDS HR Studies (Incomes Data Services)
- People Management Available at: www.cipd.co.uk/pm
- Websites www.cipd.co.uk Website of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
Management of people is the most important task for corporation which assists business to accomplish long as well as short term objectives. Here, both employees and employers need to comply rules and regulations stated by government of country so as to ensure ethical conduct of business. Present report is based on Thistle hotel which is a chain of British hotel sector which offers variety of products and services to large number of buyers. It basically focuses upon food products and accommodation services in order to cater need of buyers. Furthermore, employment contracts of UK has been explained by focusing upon zero hours, and part time as well as time working aspects for successful operation of business.
Employment contract is defined as an agreement that is being signed between staff members and employer of the organization. This contract creates obligation on both the parties for fulfilling their duties and responsibilities in appropriate manner. Interest and accountabilities of employees and employer is determined in employment contract and it is vital that both the parties should comply with terms and conditions that are being mentioned in agreement. Activities of the organization are completed in proper manner and legal mode when contracts are signed between workers and owners of the firm. According to Bratton and Gold, (2012 )this types of contracts can be signed in verbal or in written manner and it is critical that both the parties should get agrees on various term that are being mentioned under the employment contract. It is critical that legal guidelines and instructions that are given by government of the company should be followed while signing a contract. Proper and better employee relations can be developed when employment contract are signed in legal and appropriate manner. When employment contract are signed by staff members it supports them in saving their rights from any unlawful actions of employers.
Diverse range of terms and conditions are included under employment contract and it includes working hours, sick leave, minimum wages and compensations and DISMISSAL related conditions. It has been described by MARCHINGTON and WILKINSON, 2012 that there are some critical points that are related with employment contract and it has been described by some authors that this contract limits the authority of staff members.