- 500+ Experts Online to help you 24x7
- Guaranteed Grade or Get Money Back!
- Rated 4.8/5 Out of 5087 Reviews
Health and safety are the rules and regulations so that there are no accidents and harmful incidents in firm. It includes providing training to all employees,preparation of any contingencies and risks and application of protective clothing etc. Through this there are no incidents and accidents in the company (Donham and Thelin, 2016). Hence employees can work safely and properly in their job. This helps hem in increasing their efficiency and productivity. As a result trust can run smoothly and successfully. The report discusses NHS trust It was found in 1948 in the U.K. It describes about methods of health and safety legislations which are executed in health and social care company. Further it explains about different ways in which health requirements can affect customers and work of practitioners in health care workplace. It also discusses about monitoring and review of health and safety in health and social care
1.1. Reviewing system, policies, and procedures to communicate information
Different methods are required so that they can give information related to the health and safety and thus through this proper system,policies and plan can be created. Plans and strategies can be developed according to legislation,processes and structure which can be execute in NHS. There are various steps through which legal policies, systems and procedure of NHS can be evaluated. They are-
- Care planning: There is a strategy that there are safety policies which can implemented in firm. Through this policy individual and organization can remain safer for linger period of time. There is an NHS trust which help in fulfilling all requirements of all employees and it create polices regarding staff members welfare, developing of different principles which are related with better practice in firm (Reese ,2015). In this plans are created to use dry mopping system so that cleaners can do sweeping with use of dry mops in which there are n fluids can be there on floor. As a result there can be less slipping complaints from staff.
- Health and safety management policy: NHS is responsible to create all legal rules and regulations according to health and safety act. It's performance can be monitored by audit and inspection. Through management information system it can check the standards and information that they are communicating correct data related to health care. NHS can create various rules and regulations related with less slipping so that less accidents can take place. They have thought of using of dry mops through which there are less accidents in firm.
- Personal and organizational practice policy: Organization has to create a personal and organization practice policy. In this point organization do not properly follow the system and policies. They do not properly communicate the information to all stakeholders and do not properly implement these policies. Individual practices such as personal requirements and relationship between service user and providers are not implemented (Barba and et. al., 2015). NHS have to carefully execute strategies created by them in reducing accidents and they are to be communicated to users so that they can also think of creative ideas. Hence through this interaction the policy of dry mops can be executed in firm.
- Safety and health environment policy: This is policy related to health and safety which is created. Through this it can give training to all employees. it helps in increasing the There are various strategies and policies regarding heath and safety. Thus as a result they follow all rules, regulations give training to all employees and all managers and individuals interact with each other. This is done so that environment can be kept safe. Through this they can maintain good image in public. They can give training to people so that they can clean floor through mops. It is crucial so that there can be safe environment. Hence firm can maintain good image in minds of all users.
- Monitored and reviewed: NHS have to update the strategies and policies and they have to learn from various experience. They have to evaluate and monitor the risk auditing so that there are no accidents such as death of service user. This is crucial so that there are no contingencies as previously it do have listen to issues of patients . Through this step there is proper care in workplace. They have to evaluate the strategy of mopping floor through dry mops is successful or not. If not they can upgrade and update this strategy so that there are less accidents in firm.
1.2 Responsibilities for management of health and safety in relation to organizational structure
There are various responsibilities of NHS for management of health and safety to structure. They are-
- Honesty with patient: In NHS they have to proper information related to illness and other treatment failure. If they do not have proper data then they cannot diagnose and treat the patients in proper manner. Service provider have to carefully report the failure of treatment and they have to perform all activities honestly. This is crucial so that all patients can remain safe in workplace (Nel and et. al., 2015). NHS trust can create honest and ethical policies for patients as well as for employees. So this is reason that they have created strategy of dry mops.
- Dilemmas: There are different issues and problems which can hamper communication in workplace. So company can evaluate different factors such as risk benefit analysis and resource utilization as well as stakeholders. These are evaluated properly so that there is proper transfer of communication related to workplace in job. Company can identify various issues such as there are many accidents at workplace. So hence NHS trust can clearly communicate strategy to staff members so that there in no problem of interaction which can hamper other work. Hence trust can run smoothly and safely by using dry mops strategy.
- Professional competence: It is legal duty of service user that they have to provide efficient treatment to all patients. If they fail to provide good treatment then there can be death of service user or there can be critical condition of service user. For preventing accidents they have follow all rules and provide proper treatment to all service users. NHS trust has created a effective strategy in case study which is use of dry mops so that there are less cases of slips. Hence through this there are 85% of less accidents of staff members.
- Improvement in quality of care: NHS trust have crated various plans and policies so that they can improve management system of health care. They have created various strategies so that it increase safety of services users,reduce the resources and there are no mistakes in treatment and other management system related to heath care. Through these steps there is improvement in quality of care. NHS can create safety of service users by creating strategy such as dry mopping of floors . It is done so that there less accidents in trust.
Health and safety is the duty of individual so that they can play their role in a sincere manner. Thus health and safety commission has to give suggestion to the Govt. so that they can easily solve all issues and problems of people and can give rational solution to all people. These executives investigate many issues and problems and thus they can easily solve all issues. They can investigate any place if it finds that something wrong or illegal is being done. Thus as a result they can easily breach any rules by entering into any place. I myself has duty to inspect and evaluate all equipments so that I can easily replace faulty equipments. I can also evaluate and apply new techniques related to mopping so that there are no fluids in the floor. This can directly reduce the accidents in the company.
1.3 Evaluating health and safety priorities appropriate for health and social care:
There are various priorities through which NHS can provide good heath and social care services to all patients (Sinelnikov , Inouye and Kerper ,2015). Hence priorities for NHS related to health and social care are-
Training: They ensure that all employees can get proper training. So hence manager can organize various programmes for staff members so that they can learn different ways of treatment to all patients. They can handle all service users very efficiently. Through this there are no accidents at workplace and there are no deaths of patients. Hence they can provide effective service to all users. Training is given to house keeping department so that they can learn use of dry mops. Through this they can increase their skills and hence there are less accidents in NHS trust.
Proper hygiene and cleanliness: NHS can develop a system through which waste can easily be disposed to dustbins. They can develop a safe system system in which used injection and other waste related to production can be thrown in dustbins. So hence as a result there is safer environment in company. Through this there is no health problems and good poisoning in patients. Thus it can maintain hygiene in firm. NHS has created a strategy of using dry mops in floor so that they can sock water and there is no residue in floor. Hence they can maintain hygiene in the place.
Proper management: NHS have to properly recognize the illness or other health problem obey accurately and quickly. They need to hire professional people so that they can diagnose the problems in patients and hence they can give solutions and provide effective treatment to all service users. For example earlier NHS managers fail to diagnose the problems of patient and thus they suffers a lot. Hence as a result patients suffered a lot. So due to this problem they can select qualified and trained experts who can diagnose any health problem accurately and quickly. Through this they can have good and skilled management and NHS can prove superior to services to all service users. NHS trust has created different strategy of clean floors through dry mops. So hence it helps in providing of safer environment to all staff members as well patients. Hence for this they have to hire skilful housekeeping members who can properly clean the floor. Thus it contributes to healthier environment in trust.
Procedures: There are different procedures to be followed by the NHS trust. They are-
Cleanliness: Company has created a system in which they started using Dry mops in which mops can easily soak water from buckets and hence there is no fluid on the floor. So hence it leads to increasing of cleanliness in the trust. Through this there can be less accidents. It results in 85% reduction in accidents at