CHAPTER 6- RECOMMENDATIONS AND CONCLUSION
With the help of above findings and discussion it has been summarizes that training and development aspects within the organization plays significant role within the organization as it support in developing the skills and abilities that ultimately impact the delivery of their services.
Benefits to the employees
Capital Improvement – when the organization doing training programmes they spend more money during that time they thought the employees are as set they concern about the making profit rather than the development of employees . This is the ongoing training.Buy dissertation help UK at Assignment Desk.
Boost the job satisfaction and recognition – During the training period the employees will be introduced the work what , how job role play during the hotel . it help that they understand the work and they also motivate that work.
Encourages self development and self confidence – when we trained the employees they also understand the what type of role they play in the business. They are more confidence their work so that they provide more services
More employees closer to personal goal -in this raining period the employees also determined their capability and potential of the work in present as well as future for the promotion.
Effective problem solver- in the practical training the employees tare also help the taking decision at the right time for right decision.
Employees are become more productive – during the training the employees have full fill their knowledge ,skill, ability , and improve their efficiency to doing work in the organisation so that they also improve their productivity.
Employees Performance – the performance level of employees get increase and essential help, in offering sound services to the customers hotel is even increased the even attained in the market place it boost the customer satisfaction to the customers.
The certain recommendations for improving the training and development practices mainly focuses on different strategies such as-
With the help of the study of training and development we can say this is play a vital role in the organization and also make the more efficiency and competence in the company in the Marriott International. Hotel are used the major for offering services and dealing with the customers training is the more essential element of the service industry so that the the employees can motivate the work they achieving the goal and objective of the organisation.The Marriott hotel also used the training programme for the giving the training for its employees.
Mentoring – it is the ongoing training method it is the based on the relationship oriented the Marriott hotel also used the training programme because the employees have interaction and better relation to the customer so that the goodwill of hotel also increased..in this training method the immediate manager also involved this process.
Coaching - It is the based on the task oriented it is the process managing effectively how to frame the strategy for the business it is the short time period of time it acquiring the knowledge skill to the competency
Off the job training methods - there are many methods which the company has adopted about training and development of its employees in Marriott. These are the methods which are activated away from the from the field of the job. Various methods which the company can enhance the training and development of the employees in Marriott are as:
- case study methodologies
- incident methodologies
- role play
- in basket method
- business games
- grid training
- management education
from the help of these methods, the manager of Marriott, Aim to improve the training and development of the employees of company.
Another method of improving the development and training method is getting feedback of the employees. It means that the manager should ask for the feedback for which the company about the suggestions and advices regarding the business operations. The manager should involve the employees to get feedback and also they should be involved in the decision making process so that they should be aware of the way in which decision making is done. It increases the capability of the employees by which they can feel motivated and feel like family in the hotel.
Whereas, it is also completed that within the hospitality organization implementing on the job training method is reviewed as one of the most impelling method that support in amending and improving the skills and competencies of hospitality staff so that they may easily rendered the quality services to their numerous of guests and customers. This is because, with the help of adopting on the job training method it will support the staff to amend their skills and learning while performing the actual job within the working environment. Hence, it is stated that from the different methods on-the-job training method is consider as an effective form of training methods.
In order to conduct the present research effective tools have been deployed by the researcher. With the assistance of these research methodology techniques highly diversified and authentic data has been gathered for conducting the research. The descriptive style of research design has been applied as it support the researcher to engage in carrying out the in-depth information for measuring the impact of training and development on performance of employees. Further, an inductive technique has been applied for development of tentative hypothesis and formulation of theory that would support in conducting the research in effective manner. Both primary and secondary sources have been used to collect highly authentic and diversified data for realization of precise results. In addition, qualitative technique has been used to analyze the data which has been collected. With the assistance of these tools and techniques the researcher was able to gather precise information in respect to the training and development being practised in Mariott Hotel.
- Beier, M. E., Teachout, M. S. and Cox, C. B., 2012. 23 The Training and Development of an Aging Workforce. The Oxford handbook of work and aging, pp.436.
- Bertolino, M., Truxillo, D. M. and Fraccaroli, F., 2011. Age as moderator of the relationship of proactive personality with training motivation, perceived career development from training, and training behavioral intentions. Journal of Organizational Behavior. 32(2), pp.248-263.
- Brown, K. G. and Sitzmann, T., 2011. Training and employee development for improved performance.
- CG Davidson, M., McPhail, R. and Barry, S., 2011. Hospitality HRM: past, present and the future. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management. 23(4). pp.498-516.
- Clarke, N., 2012. Evaluating leadership training and development: a levels-of-analysis perspective. Human Resource Development Quarterly. 23(4). pp.441-460.
- Costen, W. M. and Salazar, J., 2011. The impact of training and development on employee job satisfaction, loyalty, and intent to stay in the lodging industry. Journal of Human Resources in Hospitality & Tourism. 10(3). pp.273-284.
- Ehrhardt, K. and et.al., 2011. An examination of the relationship between training comprehensiveness and organizational commitment: Further exploration of training perceptions and employee attitudes. Human Resource Development Quarterly. 22(4). pp.459-489.
- Harrison, R., 2011. Learning and development. Development and Learning in Organizations: An International Journal. 26(1).
- Ip, C., Leung, R. and Law, R., 2011. Progress and development of information and communication technologies in hospitality. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management. 23(4). pp.533-551.
- Jodlbauer, S. and et.al., 2012. The relationship between job dissatisfaction and training transfer. International Journal of Training and Development. 16(1). pp.39-53.