The Subject Wished To Be Researched
The subject wished to be researched by me happens to be smart devices that are meant for Libyan education. In this regard, an investigation is required to be carried out towards the usage of tablet computers in Libyan education. It further involves for developing suitable apps and methods by which there can be an integration of technology with
The Question(s) To Be Investigated
The research questions elected and to be investigated in this topic are as follows;
- What is the usage of tablet computers in Libyan education?
- What apps and methods are needed to integrate the use of technology within the classroom?
Why The Research Study Interests Researcher
This topic is of great interest to me as a proper framework of education is a key requirement for overall growth and development of the economy. It is also considered as a stepping stone to success. Libya has got a very strong literacy rate of 86 percent (Corlett and et.al., 2005). The country has also fostered towards a strong educational culture. Despite the presence of high instructive standards, Libya has been facing a lot of challenges. The educational system wishes to bring quality improvements in higher education of Libya (Pettit and Kukulska-Hulme, 2007). It wants to increase the use of IT in higher education.
Hence, the topic is of great interest for me as it deals with making a fruitful change in the educational standards of a growing economy. The given research study may thus add fruitful insight towards bringing a better change in the educational structure of Libya (Libya Education, 2013).
The section may further pave the way towards developing policies and plans that may allow education ministry of Libya to build up a stronger system of learning so as to aid in the development of the country. It is also a known fact that the usage of smart devices has become very popular in all domains of life. Efforts are being made to make its usage in activities related to teaching and learning. Hence it will be interesting to make a study on how technology can be integrated in the area of education so as to gain maximum fruits from it.
How Researcher Propose To Research The Topic
This section will involve for carrying out a thorough discussion on the research methodologies, tools as well as techniques that can be utilized for carrying out the study. Following areas are required to be focused so as to move forward in the research study.
- Research Type – The research type chosen in the present context has been qualitative in nature. This is required so as to provide a precise expression to qualitative ideas that have been identified about usage of technology in Libyan education (Anderson, 2010).
- Research Design – The chosen research design happens to be exploratory in nature. This approach is best as per the formulated research question which is on usage of tablet computers in Libyan education as well as methods needed to integrate the use of technology within the classroom setting of Libya. The design will thus aid in getting a deep insight towards the methods needed for integrating technology in Libyan education format.
- Research philosophy – The present section will involve for the use of interpretevism philosophies in the context of using tablet computers in Libyan education. The selection is justified as data has been collected by making use of secondary literature sources. In this context, there is a huge chance that the contradictory viewpoints will be given by authors (Brzoska, 2009). Hence, the approach will aid towards correctly analyzing the data sources to assist in moving towards a structured research study.
- Research approach – The research approach chosen for the study happens to be deductive. This is apt as the given topic is based on finding out about use of tablet computers in Libyan education as well as the methods needed to integrate the use of technology in the educational sector (Ethridge, 2004). He eth research study will move from generalized research topic being Libyan education and technology in teaching towards specific one being implication of technology for teaching students of Libya. This approach will play a fruitful role to arrive at conclusion and set of recommendations
How Proposed Project Relates To Other Work In The Field
Varied works have been carried out in the educational system of Libya. But none of the articles has focused on the usage of smart devices in Libyan educational system. In this regard, the proposed project relates to other work in this field. The other works have focused on the challenge that has been faced by Libyan education system (HIGHER EDUCATION IN LIBYA, 2013). Hence, this work will recommend the areas and the manner by which changes can be done. In a similar manner, some studies have focused on the use of smart phones and tablets in education (Clark, 2013). But none has given due emphasis on using smart phones in Libyan education. Hence the proposed study will play a key role towards integrating technology of smart phones for Libyan education.
How The Project Might Contribute To Understanding Of Subject
The given study is likely to contribute towards understanding of my subject area. It will help in integrating the contribution of technology like smart phones, tablets etc for Libyan educational system. It will also make me aware about how the Libyan student will benefit from the usage of technology followed by identification of the areas where changes may be required. The given project will further aid in developing a detailed understanding about usage of technology to upgrade the educational institutions as well as research (Lee and et.al. 2013). It will further aid in finding out how learning by use of tablets and Smartphone’s can enhance overall experience of teachers as well as students.
Books and Journals
- Anderson, C. 2010. Presenting and evaluating qualitative research. American journal of pharmaceutical education. 74(8). pp. 141.
- Brzoska, M., 2009. A quantitative analysis of arms embargoes. Contributions to Conflict Management, Peace Economics and Development. 10 (9). pp.205-241.
- Corlett, D., and et.al., 2005. Evaluation of a mobile learning organizer for university students. Journal of Computer Assisted Learning. 21(3). Pp. 162–170.
- Pettit, J., and Kukulska-Hulme, A., 2007. Going with the grain: mobile devices in practice. Australasian Journal of Educational Technology. 23(1). Pp. 17–33
- Chilisa, B., 2011. Indigenous Research Methodologies. USA: SAGE.
- Ethridge, D., 2004. Research methodology in applied economics: organizing, planning, and conducting economic research. 2nd ed. Wiley-Blackwell.