This assessment will cover following questions:
- Cosmos company is a UK tour operator dealing with range of package holidays. Discuss the development of the travel and tourism industry and it impact on UK economy.
- Analyse the role of tourism industry and how it influences the consumer to avail their services.
- Examine models and approaches of motivation that contribute in consumer decision-making process.
- Critically evaluate inter relationship between the different components of the sector and discuss how a weakness can affect overall tourist experience.
Tourisms industry is defined to be one of very the important service sector which focuses on providing services related to accommodating and entertaining services to its guests. Tourism is a motivation for the human being to have a new experience and adventure. In the modern times, tourism is an important for the development of global and regional environment. Under this report there will be discussion about various aspect of tourism industry which include the development and improvement of travel industry. In the context of cosmos company, tourism industry is discussed (Xiang, Magnini and Fesenmaier, 2015). This company is an online travel company offer the most affordable travel packages to the world most captivating place in the world. Cosmos includes various packages like transportation, sightseeing, meal, accommodation and guidance for the travel and tourism purpose. Evaluated various facets about the tourism and travel industry and see how consumer change their decision making about the company.
P1 Explain the Key Factors in the Development of the Travel and Tourism Industry and The Factors That Have Shaped Them.
The following factor affect the growth of the industry and have shaped them to grow are as discussed as follows and similarly Cosmos company evaluated over the period of time:
- Environment Factors: Under this, various facts will be examine which will effects the growth of the travel industry such as good climate and beautiful places . With the references of Cosmos , this factors is very important for the growth of their travel business in the various countries (Teoman, 2017).
- Good Climates: This is great place of tourist in the environment which provide pleasant climate for its customer. Like, some of the good places is located in warmer places in the UK and people from summer climate like to visit colder places in their vacation period.
- Beautiful Scenery: Tourism provide beautiful spots for the tourist, which attract more customer and helps to improve the shape of industry growth for the longer period of time.
- Socio-Economic Factors: Under this factors, development of tourism is affected in larger term and are shaped in better ways. This is important factor in the growth of the travel industry as it has a various factors which can increase the businesses of travel and tourism industry.
- Accessibility: Here customer wants to access available mode of transport. Which increase the business view by connecting customer from different mode of connectivity (Survila, MikÄ—nas and Å½uromskaitÄ—, 2019).
- Accommodation: These factors provide to reach out to the more consumer by providing better accommodation in the market. Their are various accommodation present depending on the living standard of the consumer. Their are various choose available for the consumer like from 7star hotels to the guest house present in the market. With the reference of Cosmos , company provide good accommodation to its consumer which helps company to increase the number of customer in this industry.
- Amenities: The growth of tourism is also influenced by the amenities factors such as activities such as roping, paragliding,rowing, safari adventure. Their has been a growth from ancient times in activities preferred by the customer. Nowdays, customer wants to experiencer the different adventures activities(Morakabati and Beavis, 2017).
- Ancillary Services: To attract more customer , they provide good facilities like financing their travel packages and connecting them with telecommunication. Services.
- Historical And Cultural Factors: Under this factors, tourist people are attracted to historical cultural for the places. Where people likes to explore different destination places such as old living places of the kings and forts like Taj mahal.
- Religious Factors: This factors helps to increase the tourist due to beliefs of the people in the gods place. Costumer go to such places to change their mode and seek blessing from the god. Tourist visit different temples across the country to get knowledge about various culture.
- Other factors: Various things helps in improving the travel&tourism industry such as conducting research activities like finding various adventures for the consumer and finding different places for its consumer.
P2 Provide The Different Element of Tourism Industry and Explain The Interrelate Among These Element:
The different elements of the travel and tourism industry can be Geographical elements and tourist industry which includes intangible services, providing good hospitality services , giving freedom of choice to its consumer and all these elements helps in creating good tourist experience. In the context of Cosmos limited, company uses these elements to improve the travel industry and attract more customer for the travel agencies to increase the profits in long run(Haque and Haque, 2018).
Geographical Elements: Under this element of tourism industrywhich can be useful to increase the performance industry by providing good quality of work and services to its target market. This elements have a three main geographical element like traveller, tourist destination and transit. Under traveller target market(TGR) elements, industry practices push force to motivates and stimulate the customer to increase the number of customer. Here tourist want to know about the important information, check for reservation and departure in-out information. This information is related to the different types of travelling experience. Further the tourist destination region( TDR) here full description about the destinations activates are given to the traveller. At last transit route region (TRR) Provide information about the beautiful place which can be visited in the short period of time.
Tourism Industry: Here industrialist look for the better places in the industry togenerates more profits by introducing new places to the customer. This provide various business ideas to the organisation to attract more consumer and gain money in return. (Hamadeh and Bassil, 2017.)
Transportation: This include the movement of consumer from one place to another destination . it also include a wide variety of different types of travel and included different mode of transportation.
Airline industry: Under this elements, airline is one of the main tourists chosen mode of transportation to reach their destination. Consumer can schedule their flights according to their needs and wants.
Car Rental: Here customer can use car on the rental bases for lesser time period . This services provide consumer to reach their destination on first place. Customer can use such facilities to explore the different areas around the destination.
Water Transport: consumer use water transportation to reach their destination and tries to explore the cruise ships for the travel experience.
Coach Services: consumer tires to use coach services to reach their chosen destination in efficient ways.
Also Read:- Travel and Tourism Industry
P3: Explain the Different Factors Which Changes Tourism Behaviour.
The following are various things that affects the tourist mindset.
Place of origin: Tourist behaviour change according to the place of their origin, consumer tries to follow their own culture framework. Sometimes consumer also want to explore different culture so they want to travel to different places in the counties(Deepa and Jayaraman, 2017).
Education of tourist:The more educated consumer wants to explore more place as they have more curiosity and knowledge about the different place . For example tourist who have good knowledge about the place will have more existing experience in adventure.
Geographical factors: consumer belonging to different geographical factors which changes the tourism behaviour. Consumer have a different opinions about the different places so some of the consumer wants to explore the different places and know more about country culture and geographical factors. For example, people having different geographical areas which can effect their travelling the different areas.
Social factors: These are social factor that effect the behaviour of the consumer for visiting the other country places. Social networking can alter a person decision regarding the visiting a particular place and have different opinion about the culture. One can experience a social and culture of different areas so that they can be more informed person about the country(Boniface, Cooper and Cooper, 2016). for example, people who have different social background references different social travelling packages.
Tourism destinations: consumer are attracted to different destination which provide basic things like electricity, water, clean surrounding and good amenities and have its own signification which can attract different tourist.
P4 Evaluated Different Model of Motivation and There Influence on Decision of Consumer.
This part, we will be discussing the motivation theories and how this theory can change the consumer decision making about the travelling and visiting various places .
ERG theory: Alderfer distinguished three needs of the any individuals into existence, relatedness and growth. we will discusses various needs of ERG in the context of Cosmos limited and see how these theory affects the decision-making of the consumer( Baumert, 2017).
Existence needs: It has influence of necessary needs of travellers like air, water and food, affection and safety. This motivation fulfil the basic needs of the consumer by providing existence needs which helps in attracting more tourist to th