Social media plays an important role in the travel and tourism industry as this sector deals in potential travellers, people who are on trips or returning from trips and also involves sharing the travel experience. This report deals in Birmingham Chocolate Festival which was organised in the heat of Birmingham. As this city is a chocolate city which hosts the annual chocolate festival where comes and try the wonderful and delicious chocolate variations and treats.
- Figure out the tactics used in tourism sector which is based on campaigns of social media.
- Importance of timeliness and innovation in the implementation of social media
Social media is one of the most essential and powerful online networking tools that have a mix part of economic and social life in real world. Use of internet and other information technology of various communication platforms leads to a special era of tourism industry (Cheng and Edwards 2015). This report focuses on the Birmingham Chocolate Festival. In the tactical plan, it describes a situation analysis in form of SWOT and PESTLE analysis digital inventory. It also discusses about target audience and key media channels.
TASK 1: SITUATION ANALYSIS
Birmingham is a city that is known for its quality chocolate and famous for Cadbury World. The people of this city celebrates a well-known chocolate festival every year. It increases the number of tourists and travellers so, it gets affected from the positive as well as negative elements of outsiders (Dijkmans, Kerkhof and Beukeboom, 2015). In this context, SWOT analysis of Birmingham chocolate festival are described as below:
The competitor analysis is an important part for making a marketing plan. It is a critical analysis about business competitors in order to achieve business growth in respective industry (Howison, Finger and Hauschka, 2015). It is useful for creating the business strategy and management should consider the strategies of firm's competitors.
In this analysis, there are some factors that may influence by both aspects positively or negatively to the overall environment of this Birmingham Chocolate Festival so a discussion is need to understand all those factors. These are as follows:
- Political Factors – It is related to the rules and regulations that may comes by the politics and government of UK. It includes many factors like trading policies, bureaucracy, inter-external political issues, etc.
- Economic Factors – This relates with the economic condition of a nation and it comes from economic structure (Hudson and et.al., 2015). It contains taxation, interest rate, economy trend, industry growth, etc.
- Social Factors – It is associated with the cultural aspects like lifestyle trends, demographics, work ethic, consumer role models, etc.
- Technological Factors – Technology relates to the innovation, barriers and incentives of digital media. It also gives its impacts to the festival as positive and negative both aspects and it contains information, research, communications etc.
- Legal Factors – In legal aspect, the festival influences by laws, legislations and regulations that include employment law, consumer protection, money laundering regulations, etc.
- Environmental Factors – Environment also affects this festival in a positive and negative both manner and it includes Corporate Social Responsibilities with ecological and environmental regulations, sustainability, etc. (KiráÄ¾ová, and PavlíÄeka, 2015).
It is a perceived tendency of a particular financial market place to movement in a direction over a period. This trend is divided in the long time frame. There are many traders attempt to understand the market trends by using various technical analysis. It is classified in the two major market that are bear and bull market. In this context, the bull market is defines a period when all commodity's price is upward trend and it is marked by widespread pessimism. In the bearish market, prices of all commodities shows down ward trend.
The digital inventory is a document or subject that allows creating report that concerning about digital things. In media advertising, digital inventory contains all images, newspapers, magazines and many more things that can be stored in analogue format.
Audit refers to checking and verifying the complete content and paragraph written down on the particular website or paper and it also compiles into the big list of a content file (Mkono and Tribe, 2017). It can conduct in three different types that are partial content inventory, sample and full content sample.
The customer insight is a technique to know about customers and it is used in marketing. It is based on their purchasing behaviour (Cheng and Edwards 2015). It is an essential thing to attract more customers in order to expand profits as well as it creates a strong brand image.
TASK 2: OBJECTIVES
Where do you want to be? The 5 S's Model
The 5 S's model consists of five elements that are considered by a business or its marketers. In this context, the organiser of that chocolate festival should acknowledge these factors.
- Serve – It is the main concept of this model and its major aim is to serve the best output to potential customers for brand making (Dijkmans, Kerkhof and Beukeboom, 2015). It can be considered and discussed by the customer service team.
- Speak – It is all about getting closer and maintaining the relationship with customers. In this context, organiser uses word of mouth publicity in order to increase the customers.
- Sell – It is the main area for a business to increase profits and achieve desire targets and objectives. It is conducts by the sales department in an organisation by offering its services and products.
- Sizzle – In this element, setting the aim and goals of a company and it also refers that a brand goes for making its goodwill.
- Save – In general, every person often look to make savings in two criteria i.e. time and cost. So, in this context, the organiser should acknowledge on it for reduce their cost and expenses.
TASK 3: TARGET AUDIENCES
The customer or buyer persona refers to a semi-fictional internal representation of potential customers that is based on various market researches and actual data with existing customer's information (Harrigan and et.al., 2017). It will help to understand the choices and preferences of customers in a realistic way. In other words, it describes the target audiences that are more categories. When making the best and more realistic customer persona, it is considers motivations, behaviours, demographics and goals of their daily customers to know about maximum clients. It is used in marketing at a basic level that develops different personas and it also allows in making messaging as well as content that appeals to the target audience. It enables to marketers to fix their market segment according to their target audiences. Further, it also allows to the organizer to map out and create huge target content.
TASK 4: KEY MESSAGES AND CREATIVE
The key message for a social media campaign
Social media is a big way to engage more users or customers and it spreads more awareness about any particular event, service and many more things. In this context, the personal digital assistant of Birmingham Chocolate Festival should use social media and they are able to create their brand loyalty among customers (Howison, Finger and Hauschka, 2015). They use it for creating more attractive for tourists and there are many people that belonging from other countries.
Key massage for social media campaign – Social media is an effective medium for introducing and advertising any event or service. In this context, social media plays an important role in Birmingham Chocolate Festival and its major importance is described as below:
- It shares useful information – In this festival, social media provides a special platform that facilitates e mail, paper fliers and useful information about several persons. It also keeps them coming back for more facilities. They make mistake of promoting themselves and their services and products are frequently not considering by the customers are excellent or not. It will requirement to share content that entertains, provokes and intended emotions.
- It provides exclusive incentives – Social media has a big platform among youth for transferring information speedily and it is also engaged with them in the same way. By using these mediums, anyone can build their own relationship that will generate huge benefits (Hudson and et.al., 2015). In this type of digital media, Facebook provides the perfect way for sharing services, post photos and create contests or give new ways to promote brand and attract more participants in that festival.
- It offers huge content – In the process of using social media as the promoter of that particular festival, it shares links, stories, photos from another party sources and it is a great method to stay top of the mind. It also considers starting an email report as a technique to make and stock certificate of original self-complacent (KiráÄ¾ová, and PavlíÄeka, 2015). The writing will sound intimidating and it doesn’t have to be a difficult task. The organiser should just think about the types of various tips the target audience that would insight facilitative and run with them.
- It creates personal brand – In the festival, all organiser should think about to this aspect and make better from massage therapists for the people. It needs to show the participant's personality and make better relationship with them. Marketing the massage therapy will tend to business to pair well with overall wellness and different topics from self-pampering for healthy living. There are many networking sites like Instagram that are perfect places to post lifestyle testicle, several trends and another events that happen in that festival.
- Ask for something in return – At this platform, management team of that festival also ask new ideas and innovations that can apply for the particular event. In this context, a better relationship provides benefit for both the organiser and participants (Minazzi, 2015). Gathering the information about people specifically through email addresses, it will allow them to stay in touch and maintain relationship with them.
The main creativity that are use in Birmingham Chocolate festival – In this festival, the main creativity is uses by the organiser is attracts more participants and tey will stay in tend with this festival. They also use geographical advantages and adopt a technique of advertising that is post their stories, videos and pictures on Facebook and Instagram and many more social media platforms that will increase its promotions.
TASK 5: VARIOUS KEY MEDIA CHANNELS
The marketing mix
It is a systematic approach of marketing and it describes seven P's of marketing. In other words, it refers the operations and tactics of a plan that would be compiled by marketers in an organisation. In this context, all marketing mix can be uses in social media campaign. These 7 P's are discussed as follows:
- Product – It refers to the combination of services and goods that an organisation offers for sale to the target market.
- Price – It defines the value of a particular output or service in the form of money (Mkono and Tribe, 2017). It is a special amount that customers pay to company or seller to purchase any product.
- Place – The place describes as the product and services should be available for the target customers easily to purchase or consume (Munar and Jacobsen, 2014). It may be a street, store, online portal, shopping mall, etc.
- Promotion – In this element, a company can promote their outputs from various methods like sales promotion, personal selling, advertisement and many more methods. In this context, the organiser of that festival also promotes different mediums and they choose social media for promoting it.
From the above report, it can be concluded that social media is being an essential term for tourism. In the present scenario, there are many new ideas and new ideas are bring in the travelling and tourist industry. It covers the situation analysis, objectives of what to do and want to be. Further, it includes target audience and customer persona. It also covers the key measures and creativity that is use by the organiser of the Birmingham Chocolate Festival. Furthermore, it covered the target audience and objectives of that festival. Lastly, it also covered the important key message for that social media campaign and marketing mix.
- Cheng, M. and Edwards, D., 2015. Social media in tourism: a visual analytic approach.Current Issues in Tourism,18(11), pp.1080-1087.
- Dijkmans, C., Kerkhof, P. and Beukeboom, C.J., 2015. A stage to engage: Social media use and corporate reputation.Tourism Management,47, pp.58-67.
- Harrigan and et.al., 2017. Customer engagement with tourism social media brands.Tourism Management,59, pp.597-609.
- Howison, S., Finger, G. and Hauschka, C., 2015. Insights into the Web presence, online marketing, and the use of social media by tourism operators in Dunedin, New Zealand.Anatolia,26(2), pp.269-283.
- Hudson and et.al., 2015. The effects of social media on emotions, brand relationship quality, and word of mouth: An empirical study of music festival attendees.Tourism Management,47, pp.68-76.
- Minazzi, R., 2015.Social media marketing in tourism and hospitality(p. 87). New York: Springer.
- Mkono, M. and Tribe, J., 2017. Beyond reviewing: Uncovering the multiple roles of tourism social media users.Journal of travel research,56(3), pp.287-298.
- Munar, A.M. and Jacobsen, J.K.S., 2014. Motivations for sharing tourism experiences through social media.Tourism management,43, pp.46-54.
- Xiang and et.al., 2017. A comparative analysis of major online review platforms: Implications for social media analytics in hospitality and tourism.Tourism Management,58, pp.51-65.
- Zeng, B. and Gerritsen, R., 2014. What do we know about social media in tourism? A review.Tourism Management Perspectives,10, pp.27-36.