Self Reflective Of Teamwork Experience
For achieving the better quality of work and in less time then implementing good teamwork can be helpful. Assign the roles and responsibilities to every member of the group and acquire common goal. In this reflective, through teamwork, I clearly identified my role, responsibilities and characteristic behaviour which helped me to learn about my strengths and weakness. Also, I mentioned about different lessons and emergencies that happened in my teamwork. Every team members were assigned different tasks which made us ensure about the most outcomes of every individual and reduce the weakness of eac
Including me there were 3 more members in the group. We all divided the work load. But before assigning the work load we had to make various decision and strategies. My role is related to the implementing and completing the tasks. Along with this my role requires to be perfect, concise about the work and disciplined. Also, I need to identify different problems and issues that may rise during the course of work. Like suppose, if any member is not able to complete his/her task then my role is solve those issues and identify possible solution.
During my course and working in team, it made me understood that teamwork is not easy task. Thus for the evaluation purpose and building good teamwork Tuckman's theory of four stages helped us in managing various issues, problems and unexpected circumstances. This are required for our team development. The four stages of Tuckman for the evolution of team is forming, storming, norming and performing. This four stages helped our group to identify individual strength and weakness. During the process it also helped me to understand different steps needed to be taken for solving the issues(Valentine, Nembhard and Edmondson, 2015) .Forming is the first stage, where we managed to resolve all the disputes regarding the project and getting agree to some decision. Here guidance of the team leader is required, for working together. As each one was having different mentality so we arrange the meeting and discussed and carried out the solution. Now we were able to understand each other, so we can easily overcome the weakness of each other and contribute to the strengths of each other.
Then comes the storming which means resolving all the cases in the team. We organized different challenges within the team to complete the task as soon as possible. Tuckman's word to say, conflict and contradiction typify this stage as differences surface. Many times I faced problems regarding decision making because of other attitude. It can be student A has different idea or approach then student B. Their conflict can reduce the teamwork. At such issues I tried to resolve the issues by understanding the problem and getting possible outcomes. It also wasted our lot of time(Galegher, Kraut and Egido, 2014).
Norming was the stage when we started having trusting on each other. The feeling of togetherness helped us a lot. We grew more mature and through our teamwork we were able to achieve the target. The last stage was performing, where in which we focused on the refreshing, implementing and completing of the project. Despite of such argument we were able to work as team in smooth and efficient manner. Due to team work we were able to manage our task on time and it also helped us to improve our performance (Mäkikangas and et.al., 2016).Through Tuckman's stages, I was able to understand the interpersonal skills, communication skills and discipline. Now we all were able to mutual understand each other, trust was developed. It highly motivated and inspired me. I also enjoyed most while working in team.
From teamwork experience, I understood the need to team work to complete the task and it feels really amazing as our targets and goals can be achieved. It helps in building the strength and improves the performance of the individual.
- Galegher, J., Kraut, R.E. and Egido, C., 2014. Intellectual teamwork: Social and technological foundations of cooperative work. Psychology Press.
- Valentine, M.A., Nembhard, I.M. and Edmondson, A.C., 2015. Measuring teamwork in health care settings: a review of survey instruments. Medical care, 53(4). pp. e16-e30.
- Maxwell, J.C., 2013. The 17 indisputable laws of teamwork: Embrace them and empower your team. Thomas Nelson Inc.
- McNaughton, S.M., 2015. Students' reflections on first-year interprofessional teamwork: Phenomenographic evaluation of function and success. Focus on Health Professional Education: A Multi-disciplinary Journal, 16(3). p.86.
- Mäkikangas, A. and et.al., 2016. Work engagement–team performance relationship: shared job crafting as a moderator. Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology, 89(4). pp. 772-790.
- Kumar, G.V. and Robinson, Y., 2016. Implementation of a Valuable Team Work Concept and Cellular Manufacturing Layout Design in Garment Manufacturing Scenario. Asian Journal of Research in Social Sciences and Humanities, 6(5). pp. 589-603.