- 500+ Experts Online to help you 24x7
- Guaranteed Grade or Get Money Back!
- Rated 4.8/5 Out of 5087 Reviews
Hospitality industry and its services are increasing at a very fast pace as occurrence of trips holidays, sports events, and business meetings has increased. hospitality industry in tourism industry provides transport, proper accommodation services and transport facilities or provide food facilities and proper relax to customers. PKF hotelexperts provides consultancy service for customers’ along with PFK hotelexeprts financial services for marketing (Vanhove, 2017). They also consult people for holidays and tra
This report is about relationship between hospitality and travel tourism service which is provided by travels companies. It also includes implications of integration in the hospitality industry that has affected the hospitality business. The article includes how all the decisions targeted to the market requirements of operational business and organizational structure in relation to human resource allocation. It also refers stages of structure development, design, and operation.
1.1 Interrelationships between hospitality and wider travel and tourism business:
Hospitality industry plays important roles in tourism industry. Tourism industry provides is based on people services like entertainment service, food and transport services. It also provides accommodation services. Interlinking of hospitality services and travel and tourism business are indicated by holiday packages where people enjoy with their family and hospitality industry provide hotels and restaurants service include transport and proper food service. Travel and tourism companies also include they are being provided at a valuable price service which helps to attract their customers and also please their customers to visit them. Some facilities like pub, disco, theme parties, dinner service are interlinked (Smith and Puczkó, 2014). Similarities in hospitality industries between tour and travel industry are that they both provide quality service to customers like accommodation, foods, transport, high-class hotels, and restaurants, bar, disco etc. They having the ability to attract visitors by offering place which is unique and lovable or any visitors (Leung,.et.al,. 2015). Tourism industry provide for their customer great facilities for example- travel and tourism company provide students for adventure tour and they provide first students for transport service like bus, train, flights or car service then they drop to student in hotel destination and provide food and bath facilities, after that they planned for tour destination then the travel company provide car and bus for student to go for tour destination and they also provide sneaks for the student , after that they organize parties for students to feeling relax and feel better.
Tourism mainly focus on adventure tour that is organized for younger generation especially students which studies subjects on nature. It comes to hospitality the difference is the warm treatment of the local area that visitor visitmany tours company provide the finest facilities and best quality service for customers and according to customer’s satisfaction. The company offers high r to lower prices packages who afforded by any customers they also present offers price packages that depending on the occasion. Organization provides quality environment to the customers so that they can feel like home and want to visit again. It also provides budgetary service to their customers to suit their customer kcome again . Company are classified on the services according to budget of customer like 3 or 4, 5, or 7 stars, which are suitable to customers. The focus of company is to provide quality services according to customers’ demands and their satisfaction (Bowie,.et.al,. 2016).
Relation between hospitality and tourism, hospitality is core part of tourism it includes accommodation service, transport service and hospitality provide food, party and other entertainment service. They are both interlinked and they both provide for customers to satisfaction services. Like other companies for example- Tour company leading International platform services and Marge with airlines services. Tour company offers various services and offers like food, travel packages, transport, proper accommodation service and high class hotels, and yes airlines service. Company leading business in many country and this company aim is provided to customers the best quality service in the best place so customers try to visit again and promotion for their company. Tour company also adopts hospitality service in their company. In the company hospitality service provide best catering service to customers by taking contract and best quality food to the customer (Horner and Swarbrooke, 2016). Tour company wants to achieve more revenue organizations provide additional to customers like telephones service, free internet service, car service and laundry service, those are service provide by company free of cost, so customer attract those services and they come back again to visit company services. Many tourists do not enjoy company holiday packages due to lack of resources and lack of entertainment facilities. However, the Tour company take care of those things, they try to increase their entertainment facilities, and customers relax facilities (Minazzi, 2015).
In these services, some companies forget to maintain safety of people and avoid customer security. This industry tries to maintain the entire customer's security. They provide customers policies that include customers insurance for their plane travel.
hotel industry supplies service to tourism industry, hotel industry to provide a safe environment for customers. They ensure about services suitable for specific person.
Tourism industry is most famous in UK and together with hospitality it includes gaming sector which makes up a significant part of company. It is facing many challenges and focuses to solve it. Without the hospitality industry, the tourism sector has large gaps meaning there are no facilities included.
2.1 Implications of integration to the hospitality industry:
Integration helps to work together and share resources and customers. Hospitality industry manages intergeneration of all the resources horizontally and vertically. Companies share their work as well as their financial problems and their personal details about company and trying to achieve their common goals. Both are using common techniques and technologies, they also trying to find their weakness and strength and achieve goal. Some time's tourism company offer hospitality industries to adopt the facilities to provide to customers, hospitality industry adopts those responsibilities which are given by tourism companies, they are fully satisfied for them, and they maintain all responsibilities. In together work one is handled all transport service or accommodation service and one is handled food and catering service they both handled responsibilities and do good work. Example of hospitality industry like hotel, restaurants, travel companies and bar, pubs etc. They both help together (Sharpley and Telfer, 2015).
The process of integration makes profit for the organization. With the Integration strategy, organization in the hospitality business can extend their products which are related to other business. they promote their business together and distribute profit and loss between both. It is of two types:
- Horizontal integration- It refers to different departments work together within one main management. Means different departments plays roles in hospitality but main management covers all the functionality of business. The main role of horizontal integration is merger of most of the companies at the same stage of production and in different companies, horizontal integration is when the production and companies are merger so competitors are also merged. Same competitors and same companies. All things are merger together (Eugenio-Martin and Inchausti-Sintes, 2016.). Some companies merge together and earn profit together also
- Vertical integration- It refers to merge of company in different production and different stages or distribution in same company. It simply refers that companies works together and they distribute their products, profit loss in the same companies. It includes various company expands their business into different stages and difference operation in same platforms. For example – Thomas cook organize tour for students but they adopt resources form other companies. Vertical integration can help companies to reduce cost and their productivity. They try to improve their transportation expense and reducing turnaround Some time is effective for company and some time not because they adopt multiple services and fulfil them.
- Implication of integration in hospitality- some companies in hospitality industry use horizontal integration, they merge business and work together and distribute all the things accordingly. Here an organization combines their services in similar industry and increases their growth. In horizontal integration various define their financial problems and demands for work together they trying to develop new technologies and new products for companies and achieve goals together (Han and Hyun, 2015).
2.2 Integration has affected a hospitality business:
It combines the core competency of two organizations that would attract the customer. Integration gives high rewards for any organization. It focuses on resource which helps in increasing business in hospitality industries (Kim,et.al, 2015). Integration makes business more successful and growing.
There are following points which impacts on hospitality business:
- Cost integration- Vertical and horizontal integration are defined to invest a lot of money in their business, because two companies work together to acquire more resources and more services. Such an investment gives quality services and has lot of advantages as well.
- Technology- Technologies integration can affect in hospitality services. Now a day’s many technologies are used in different organizations.. Build to the latest technologies products. For example-If two companies work together and they and they made products according to the latest technologies they lot of money to buying it and made it.
- Lack of knowledge- Here some companies have no knowledge to start a combined business. Therefore, a company changes their market strategies and develop new ones. Companies handling new customers they have no knowledge about their work. . Companies faces new challenges in their fields. They trying to get customers reaction and fulfil their need. Those lacks of knowledge make unsuccessful integration and reduces merge process.
- Globalization- globalization helps an organization’s suppliers to sell their products on international platforms that lead to increasing their business continuously They develop their business on international scale and making growth of business. It simple refers people in world interact and integrate with many things which helps to develop global economy in big platform.
- Quality- integration is also affecting quality of service in negative or positive manner. Quality integration defines there is no guarantee after companies merge. Service which they provide is good or bad. Quality depends on an organization’s mutual relationship and human resource between both organizations. Mutual relation and coordination in work is important for better quality services. In vertical integration, workers do not understand new strategies and techniques. The manger and other supervisor trying to define new tquality service and services to works and then workers trying implements new technologies in new products. For example- human resource department check all the services of workers which is proper in quality if they did wrong manger order to customers to implement new products into quality. If proper communication impact on workers. They understand all work and done proper work.
You can also read Implications Of Political Changes On Tourism of A Country
3.1 Project based on decisions linked to target market
Hotel- It is a place where people stay and enjoy their holidays. Hotels provide 24 hours facilities for customers and they try to to satisfy customers. It provides proper accommodation services with room division service. Its staff aim is to provide better services. . Some people visit hotel for special purposes and some to spend their holidays. Much hospitality service provide good facilities and good staff. For example- Clientele Hotel in London provide quality services for people and proper room division service (Cook,et.al,. 2014). Hotel management takes care of all the things related to customers’ activities and their demands. Its front office department ensure customers check-in or checkout service. They also ensure food quality
Hotel has become a necessity to humans because every person going traveled one country to another country and they stay in hotels for business meeting or any purpose. People also visit to enjoy parties on special ocassions. Now day's hotel provide many service like they having rooms according to their price. All rooms have different price and different facilities, high price rooms having high facilities and lower price rooms contains fewer facilities. In now days many people established brand hotels and service like 2 star, 3 star, 4 star, 5 star, 7 star hotels, they all are brand hotels and they all established to big platforms, those Hotels are gives the highest facilities and it also includes high range of rooms and food as well.
Mission – In Hospitality service many hotels are increased day by day. Thus people hotel staff mission to provide best service to customers . So lower people also afford all the hotel facilities and accommodation service . Some hotels not provide proper facilities for cutomersand rooms service are not good, food is not so good etc. those things are impact on hotel services and people are not visit to hotel. Some hotel mission offer restaurant service but their food is not good, some people provide free drinks to promote their hotel service. Its mission is to provide great service to customers. (Riley, 2014)
Improving hotel facilities to take decision- Hotel department need to improve their services like proper management, proper accommodation, to customers, each room for bell person so they fulfil customers demands easily, hotel staff need for proper cleaning of garden area, public area and swimming pool as well, hotel supervisor ensure hotels food quality which provide to customers is good, they also ensure food taste, they provide entertainment services for customers and children, they have attractive interior which attractive to customers also and they visit again to their hotels. Hotel management also provide transportation service to customers which pickup to customers from airport or other destination and drop as well. Some hotels are provided pub, bar, night clubs in their hotels they provide free drinks in their parties, aim of those parties only publicity of hotels and they also give discounts deals for customers attract to hotels and visit again (Schuckert,.et.al,. 2015).
3.2 A plan for a hospitality business which includes the operational requirements of the business:
In hospitality business operational requirements includes various stages those are:
Development- In hospitality management, organisations focus to increase their market rates, and make development easy:
- Concept- The concept refer in hospitality business hotel are provided many facilities to fulfil customer’s needs and their service. People mostly choose hotels for tour and enjoying holidays with their family.
- Market research- According to market research thousands of people daily go for tour and holidays places they stay log times in hotels and enjoying their holidays, some people are routinely gone for hotels attend business meeting and other work.
- Location- Mainly hotel located in a city or outside also, reason to located in city some people leave in city or work in city and some people are going to spend quality time to their family apart from city hotel management established both side hotels, inn the city or along from city.
- Scale- Hotels are mainly targeted large-scale area like they mainly provide accommodation service for their customers. Some people are stay long on hotels and spend so times in hotels.
- Funding- Today's many hotels opened in big platforms and many investors are invested their money for established hotels in city area. Some off hotels owners take loan for open hotels and some of take financial risk to open them for earn big profit.
- Products and service- Hotels are fully provided food and rooms service there service are good as their hotel. Each of service are time to time maintain and time to provide.
- Licensing- hotel are owners takes license for open hotel. For hotel entry they want customer’s identity card or identity proof. For established hotels they trying focus all legal formalities are fulfilled by owners.
Design- Design defines outlook of hotels. What is decoration decoration need or what kind of furniture use to looking attractive? Mostly interior design is helping to attract people. Mainly design refer looking of hotel their main entrance area or hall area and outlook as well.
- According to hotel facilities they adopt luxurious services for people who attract and decoration is properly going to develop. Interior must be based on Morden generation.
- culture is identification of hotel. Management need to put full effort to develop good culture. Hotel staff and other worker pretend customer to professionally.
- Hotel staff uses all the things branded and highly classics they use all the furniture and interior branded and very expensive.
- Hotel interior is looking attractive classy, because customers attract their interior and visit again.
- Exterior is based on interior they both design same interior is decorated in hotel and exterior is decorated in outside of hotel.
- Functional areas- Hotel functions area where all the functions organize by hotel staff and their workers (Mohammed,.al,. 2015). Online booking and internet services are part of their functionality.
- Customer flows
- In hotels many customers are visit regularly with different purpose and different reasons. Some people visit to spend their holiday and some people visit to their attends meeting and other purpose.
- Link to target market
- Hotels are directly linked to market. All hotels have their own website so hotel management gives advertisement for hotels and people directly contact to hotels.
- Customers with individual needs
- Hotels fulfil each customers to their needs and each rooms have personal bell person who available 24 hours to fulfil customers requirements.
- Sustainability- hotels introduced to customers for offers who are less price or big prices as well. Hotel management] time to time provide offers which is in discount range.
- Operations- operations include development part where hotel management create planning for new facilities and service or new offers which beneficial for customers and hotel as well.
- Staffing by functional areas- Hotel management arrange all the staff according to all department like housekeeping department appoint for cleaning and provide proper rooms service, receptionist takes all customers check in or check out service etc.
- Specialist qualifications- Hotel staff appoints special qualification person to special work like handled all workers work and all the staff working skills.
- Staffing issues related to seasonality
- Some hotel management faced staffing issue from hotel department sides and they trying to reduce it any they trying solve all the problems about the staff and other workers.
- Cultural diversity and ways to deal with conflicts
- Culture is depended according to their population. Hotel staff handed all the customers to professionally and well behave with customers.
- Recruitment policies and procedures
- Hotels management provide details for new staff and they also provide polices service. They recruiting those persons who fully eligible for position which is given by management.
- Compliance with legislation- Hotel department follow the protocol which is each hotel have legal licence by governments. If without licence hotel management open hotel, governments will be Ben their hotels (Nieves and Segarra-Ciprés, 2015).
- Promotional activities- Hotel staff mainly do promotion activities, they organize parties for entertainments and they also organize culture programs for promote their hotel.
- Pricing- hotel management give pricing services which afford by lower people and higher people both. They room according to price. And they also provide each rooms and each staff for better pricing policies.
The above report is based on two vital industrial sectors namely hospitality and travel and tourism. This laid down some very interesting facts about the integration of both sectors and demonstrated the way in which, one leads to serve the purpose of other. It is divided in 3 main parts with a foremost part defining the role played by hospitality industry within the industry of travel and tourism. Another section has defined the impact of such type of integration on the hospitality industry of UK with a plan developed at the end specifying the growth of hospitality businesses with a realistic supposition
This sample also help you in writing
- Vanhove, N., 2017. The Economics of Tourism Destinations: Theory and Practice. Routledge.
- Smith, M. and Puczkó, L., 2014. Health, tourism and hospitality: Spas, wellness and medical travel. Routledge.
- Leung, X.Y.,et.al., 2015. Internet marketing research in hospitality and tourism: a review and journal preferences. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management.27(7). pp.1556-1572.
- Bowie, D.,et.al., 2016. Hospitality marketing. Taylor & Francis.
- Minazzi, R., 2015. Social media marketing in tourism and hospitality. Heidelberg: Springer.
- Horner, S. and Swarbrooke, J., 2016. Consumer behaviour in tourism. Routledge.
- Sharpley, R. and Telfer, D.J., 2015. Tourism and development in the developing world. Routledge.
- Eugenio-Martin, J.L. and Inchausti-Sintes, F., 2016. Low-cost travel and tourism expenditures. Annals of Tourism Research. 57.pp.140-159.
- Han, H. and Hyun, S.S., 2015. Customer retention in the medical tourism industry: Impact of quality, satisfaction, trust, and price reasonableness. Tourism Management. 46. pp.20-29.
- Cook, R.A.,et.al., 2014. Tourism: the business of hospitality and travel. Boston, MA: Pearson.
- Kim, M.,et.al., 2015. Relationships among customer satisfaction, delight, and loyalty in the hospitality industry. Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Research. 39(2) pp.170-197.
- Riley, M., 2014. Human resource management in the hospitality and tourism industry. Routledge.
- Schuckert, M.,et.al., 2015. Hospitality and tourism online reviews: Recent trends and future directions. Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing.32(5). pp.608-621.
- Mohammed, I.,et.al., 2015. The contributions of economics to hospitality literature: A content analysis of hospitality and tourism journals. International Journal of Hospitality Management.44. pp.99-110.
- Nieves, J. and Segarra-Ciprés, M., 2015. Management innovation in the hotel industry. Tourism Management, 46, pp.51-58.
- Rahimi, R. and Kozak, M., 2017. Impact of customer relationship management on customer satisfaction: The case of a budget hotel chain. Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing. 34(1). pp.40-51.