10+ IELTS Essay Topics for IELTS Writing | A Complete Guide06 Feb 2023 555
Table Of Contents
Are you one of the students who is preparing for the IELTS exam?
If so, you need to know the most common essay topics and themes that are likely to come up. The selection of essay topics is one of the common problems that IELTS test takers face. They look for the statement and different questions. It is because they have no idea what to write about. The IELTS test takers start writing without knowing what they will write about.
Then they get stuck in between the write-up or write complete rubbish. Ultimately, students seek academic assistance to get the IELTS essay topics.
On the other hand, if you are one of those students in the middle of the preparation journey for the upcoming IELTS examination, you should be aware that practising for the examination is the only way to secure good academic grades. Therefore, this write-up will give some ideas for generating excellent academic work to score high grades in class.
Before moving ahead, let's know what is essay on IELTS topics.
What Is IELTS? Introduction to IELTS
The IELTS stands for international English language proficiency testing system. So whether you are pondering how to study abroad or, on the other hand, you are planning to settle down there as with your visa and the different university requirements, you have to qualify for proficiency tests like the IELTS. It is considered one of the most renowned English proficiency tests that have to be taken by students belonging to countries where English is not an official language to check essay writing skills.
The writing section of the IELTS exam is a writing test that comprises two tasks. That is task 1 and task 2, which are of 60 minutes in duration. In task 1, students are required to write a letter for the IELTS generation training or a description of an academic diagram for the IELTS Academic. This is 150 words in 20 minutes. On the other hand, there is task 2, which involves writing an essay of 250 words on a generic IELTS writing essay topics or academic interest in the form of a discussion by providing a solution directly answering a question.
3 Common Problems in Selecting IELTS Essay Topics
Before moving ahead to know various essay topics, it is necessary for students to find out the problems that they encounter while selecting the titles during the time of write-up.
1. Difficult Topics
The students need to understand that authentic topics for essay writing for IELTS, they can reasonably expect to form an opinion on. It is tough to select the essay topic for IELTS. But it allows you to write a lot so that the IELTS examiner can see what you have written in English.
2. Bad IELTS Questions
This is another common reason why students find it hard to generate ideas. They use terrible essay questions when they practise. So the students must use authentic topics for essay writing in IELTS.
3. Choosing a Unique Idea is Tough
Several students find generating ideas challenging because they want to develop exciting or unique ideas. Test takers who are pursuing advanced degrees often have this problem. Those students who are doing PhD might want to show that they can think initially. So students must understand they their ideas should be simple and much easier to explain and support.
Need Help With Essay Writing?
Get Custom Essay Written by a Professional Writer on any for TOPIC.Get Help
Those mentioned above are the common challenges that are faced by students while selecting the IELTS essay topics 2023. Now, it's time to know the methods of generating themes and titles for your write-up.
3 Methods to Get Interesting Ideas for IELTS Essay
Here is a list of the methods students can follow while choosing the IELTS essay topics.
1. List Down Pros and Cons
This is one of the best ideas that work great. For example, suppose you are working on the pros and cons essay. All you can do is just list the pros on the left side and the cons on the right side. Remember that you should be selective because you should not write the ideas in the main body paragraph.
2. Ask Yourself Questions
This is also one of the great methods for getting ideas quickly. Keep asking questions to yourself, including the present scenario in the thinking. You can also ask your friend about the essay writing topics for IELTS. Conduct a conversation, and in between it, you will get a hint of the theme or area you want to choose for the different writing process.
3. Mind Mapping
This is the final method in which you must map out different words and ideas that are internally connected to the main topic. The main topic is the central point, and then you can write down the various fields or factors connected to it. So students can also use this method to get a brief idea about the theme.
Stuck framing an IELTS essay topics? If so, here is the list of 20+ topics that will assist you in framing yours.
10+ IELTS Essay Topics for University Students
- What do you think about the significant problems due to which developed countries become the main contributor to global warming? Discuss the major problems that lead to global warming
- What are the common problems that are faced by students in drafting the research paper? Explain in detail
- How do computer games impact children's lives? What do you think contributes to the development or makes their lives worse? Why and why not? To support your answer use specific reasons and examples
- Is it true that successful sportsmen can earn great deals more as compared to other people who are in other important professions? Few people think it is justified, while others think it is unfair. Discuss both side's views and provide your opinion on both
- Everyone heard that education is a fundamental right. Then it should be free of cost for everyone regardless of personal wealth. Do you agree or not?
- Which schools are best: Co-Education or the schools where boys and girls are being educated separately? Discuss both sides and give your own opinion on the same.
- Many of the kids in the area are overweight and fat. What, in your opinion, is the root cause of this widespread issue among kids? What steps may be made to fix this?
- Many of us have started substituting fast food for primary meals to keep up with the speed of the rapidly changing world. What are the benefits of this action, in your opinion, that outweigh the drawbacks?
- People have begun to think that spelling and grammar are going extinct because of how frequently slang and abbreviated forms are utilised in today's texting culture. Talk about the argument's two sides.
- Is society's growing reliance on smartphones a good or bad thing? Provide a strong evidence for supporting your essay writing concept
- While some people prefer to separate their personal and professional lives, others want to socialise with their coworkers. Discuss both points of view and provide your viewpoint.
- Numerous studies reveal that persons from lower-income groups are less likely than those from higher-income groups to be involved in both minor and major crimes. Do you concur?
- What role do strong family structures have in reducing crime in a nation? Give your viewpoint.
The above is the list of IELTS essay topics students can practice. If you still have doubts or cannot frame one, then it is the right time to consult expert writers.
Your One-Stop Essay Help Destination for Unique Topics
Thus, with the help of this blog on IELTS essay topics students get some clarity on what type of questions can be asked of them during the exam. If you still have doubts, then consult expert writers of Assignment Desk. They will provide helpful tips and tricks on cracking the IELTS essay exam to secure a better band score. They have vast knowledge and years of experience providing exceptional solutions to students availing essay writing service. So what are you waiting for? Get a reliable consultation now and eliminate all the writing hurdles.Get Essay Writing Service
To Make Your Work Original
- Paraphrasing Tool
Check your work against paraphrasing & get a free Plagiarism report!Check Paraphrasing
- Plagiarism Checker
Check your work against plagiarism & get a free Plagiarism report!Check Plagiarism
- Dissertation Outline Generator
Quick and Simple Tool to Generate Dissertation Outline InstantlyDissertation Outline Generator
- Grammar Checker Tool
Make your content free of errors in just a few clicks for free!Grammar Checker
- Essay Typer
Generate plagiarism-free essays as per your topic’s requirement!Essay Typer
- Thesis Statement Generator
Generate a Compelling Thesis Statement and Impress Your ProfessorTry Thesis Generator Tool
Topic CreationUSD 4.04 FREE
OutlineUSD 9.75 FREE
Unlimited RevisionsUSD 21.6 FREE
Editing/ProofreadingUSD 29.26 FREE
FormattingUSD 8.36 FREE
BibliographyUSD 7.66 FREE
Get all these features for